If you eat oranges,cut off the peels with a small layer of fruit left on the peel.Cut up the fruit & put it in a jar in your fridge to serve anytime you want.
Cut the peels into small pieces,simmer them til they're almost clear in enough water to slightly more than cover.
After the water cools,squeeze the peels & put them on the compost heap or however you dispose of them.Strain the water into a spray bottle.Spray the animals.It won't hurt them unless by any chance you are unlucky enough to have one that's allergic tocitrus.Grapefruit peels work almost as well but not quite.
You can spray your yard & house with it too.It's another good reason to eat oranges.The animals lick it off & get vitamin C in the process.