Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Dave Wilson's ELITE EDGE/ RAZORS EDGE

For Informational purposes only. Attached is the breeding standard/practices of Dave Wilson's Elite Edge members and Razors Edge.

The Elite Edge is not just the name of the group but a statement to the American Bully / APBT community that a unified front is here to promote the breed and establish a higher standard of doing business. The Elite Edge is here to change the negativity that has plagued this noble breed and ensure its acceptance into mainstream society. To achieve this, a set of by-laws has been established for those kennels who wish to be a part of The Elite Edge. These by-laws are to ensure those who do business with our members can expect a consistent level of quality and service.

By joining The Elite Edge you agree to the following:

Member kennels are limited to no more than 20 dogs per yard. "Yard" is defined as one location. If you have partners, each separate location is considered a different yard.
    Upon request, member kennels can be inspected to see if an acceptable level of care and living conditions exist for dogs under the member kennel care.
    Promote the American Bully, APBT, AST, and The Elite Edge in a positive manner.
    Establish and maintain a high level of business ethics.
    Strive to improve the breed.
    Members will not breed their $#@!es until after their 2nd heat cycle.
    No member shall breed to the point he or she can be considered a puppy mill.
    Must not promote or participate in dog fighting in anyway.
    Members will not do business with anyone who owes money to another Elite Edge member.
    Any member who is found willfully deceiving or cheating a fellow member will be immediately dismissed from the group and all monies given to the Elite Edge will be forfeited.
    Members agree to pay a yearly membership fee establish by Elite Edge Management.
    Members agree to settle disputes with customers or members through the Elite Edge Mediators.
    Members agree to provide "Dispute Mediators" all information regarding any dispute initiated by them or against them by another party. Failure to cooperate can result in expulsion from the Elite Edge.
    Registration papers for puppies sold by our members will be sent out within a reasonable time period.
    Members will not "bate" fellow members into arguments that are geared to promote conflict and unrest within the group.
    Any Elite Edge Member fighting with another member will be BANNED from the Elite Edge and the Message Board.
    All members will show and treat their fellow members with a degree of respect.
    All members must have a website up and running at all times and should be updated regularly. At least every six months. (Example: Keep your Breeding and Puppy page up to date.)
    Link pages are not permitted. This will eliminate other kennels from asking to exchange links. We spend a lot of money on advertisements to promote other kennels free of charge.
    The Elite Edge Logo must be posted on your home page and linked to http://www.theeliteedge.com
    The ABKC Logo must be posted on your home page and linked to http://www.abkcdogs.org/
    The Atomic Dogg Logo must be posted on your home page and linked to http://www.atomicdoggmagazine.com
    All members must register all dogs with the ABKC. For 2007, all EE dogs must be registered with the ABKC by 3/1/07.
    All new litters must be registered under the ABKC registry.
    Kennels outside of the Elite Edge seeking to use an Elite Edge Stud will be required to have the $#@! and litter registered under the ABKC registry.
    Breedings between Elite Edge members will Add EE in front of the Damís Kennel name on the new litter registrations. (Example: If Blue Blood uses a stud from BowWow the name of the pups will be as follows, EE BlueBlood Name of pup)
    Breedings done with both stud and dam from your own yard, will not be required to have the EE added to the puppies names.
    Elite Edge breedings should be offered to the Members prior to the general public. This should be advertised 2 weeks on the private board prior to being posted on the general board. This will ensure that the Elite Edge Family retains the best of the best.
    Elite Edge members agree to sell puppies/dogs to fellow Elite Edge members for half the price of what they plan to charge the public. This will again ensure that the Elite Edge Family retains the best of the best.
    If an Elite Edge Members decides to post puppy prices on their website, it should be no less than $2500. What you sell your puppies for behind closed doors is between the Breeder/Seller and the buyer.
    No Elite Edge member can have their own message board, group, or chat room.
    All Elite Edge members must use contracts for sales.
    Every Elite Edge member must check-in to the members board at least once a week and post something.
    Every Elite Edge member is required to attend at least one of two main meetings per year.
    Every Elite Edge member is required to attend at least one ABKC show per year and show one of their dogs.
    Beginning 2008, all EE member dues will be due on February 1st.
    Elite Edge shirts with the EE logo can only be sold by the Elite Edge. This will ensure that the monies are reinvested into the Elite Edge. Members are permitted to make their own kennel shirts with their kennel name on it.
    All new members will be on a probation period for one year. During this probation period, any violation will result in expulsion and all dues paid will be forfeited.

These rules will be enforced and violations will result in probation and/or expulsion. Each violation will be evaluated on a case by case basis and the penalty will reflect the severity of the violation. The penalty enforced will be strictly at the discretion of EE management.
    By signing below, I agree to all of the terms stated above. If I violate any of the aforementioned by-laws, I understand that I will be subject to probation and/or expulsion and that all dues I paid will be forfeited.

Signature of Kennel Representative Date

Print Name and Kennel Name

Being part of The Elite Edge is more than just belonging to a group. It is about friendship and knowing that your fellow member is someone you can trust. These by-laws are here to ensure that our members are considered the best of the best.
    Thanks to all who have decided to join. Together, we can make a difference.
    Elite Edge Management

Default Re: Dave Wilson's ELITE EDGE/ RAZORS EDGE

You can obviously tell where their emphasis is. Almost every statement is regarding breeding. I don't see anything regarding preserving the APBT. In fact, they lump the APBT into the same breed as American Bullies, and AST.
    The whole thing is ran as a business. For example "Breedings between Elite Edge members will Add EE in front of the Damís Kennel name on the new litter registrations." This is an obvious attempt to promote the Elite Edge and bring more money to their organization.

Also what is this?
    "If an Elite Edge Members decides to post puppy prices on their website, it should be no less than $2500. What you sell your puppies for behind closed doors is between the Breeder/Seller and the buyer."

The whole idea of posting puppies for sale in the public like that is pretty low in my opinion and the fact that you aren't allowed to post the prices unless it is $2500 gives me the impression that they are trying to preserve this "high dollar" and expensive price attachment to their dogs. Of course, this is another business move.

This really gives me the impression that they are not in it for the dogs. It is a business. If that isn't puppy peddling, I don't know what is.

FearlessKnight Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tommy3
    You can obviously tell where their emphasis is. Almost every statement is regarding breeding. I don't see anything regarding preserving the APBT. In fact, they lump the APBT into the same breed as American Bullies, and AST.
    The whole thing is ran as a business. For example "Breedings between Elite Edge members will Add EE in front of the Damís Kennel name on the new litter registrations." This is an obvious attempt to promote the Elite Edge and bring more money to their organization.

Also what is this?
    "If an Elite Edge Members decides to post puppy prices on their website, it should be no less than $2500. What you sell your puppies for behind closed doors is between the Breeder/Seller and the buyer."

The whole idea of posting puppies for sale in the public like that is pretty low in my opinion and the fact that you aren't allowed to post the prices unless it is $2500 gives me the impression that they are trying to preserve this "high dollar" and expensive price attachment to their dogs. Of course, this is another business move.

This really gives me the impression that they are not in it for the dogs. It is a business. If that isn't puppy peddling, I don't know what is.
    no kidding! Well put!

NOthing but trying to make a $ the really $#@!ty way too if you ask me!

Walk them fast. Walk them far. Walk them farther than you drive in your car. PA

What a depressing read. I have to agree with above replies, alot of subject matter associated with $$$$$$. 2500 are u kidding, rather spend 1\5 of that on a gamedog.

Quote Originally Posted by bullydogs
    What a depressing read. I have to agree with above replies, alot of subject matter associated with $$$$$$. 2500 are u kidding, rather spend 1\5 of that on a gamedog.
    Or go to a pound and pick up a mutt that looks just the same as those dogs going for $2500 for $5

...sighs...

I first saw this a few days ago.. and its as sad, infuriorating, and disheartening this time as it was then. Its so sad that this is what it comes to.. not producing good dogs, but making money and making people THINK you are producing good dogs seems to be the corner stone of the EE philosophy. After all the crap Dave talks about the breed and doing good and all of that, to know this is the type of control that maintains in his camp is kinda sad.
    The things that are agreed to and stipulated are just insane to me. Normally i defend bully breeders and fans, on this board. But, this is one case where i step back and say "GET HIM"

Sad..... I don't know where to start.

I will say that the way those mutts look, you could buy an English Bulldog, crop the ears, and save a grand or two. You would be getting a very similar dog, except it would actually be purebred.

I think its a combination of having structure within the organization and money. When I originally read it I got the immpression that Dave wanted the EE to have a certain level of buisness standards. At the same time you could tell its about money as well. See how's he's forcing EE members to register with the ABKC. A registry that he himself founded$$$$
    Last edited by renegadepit; 11-10-2007 at 06:33 PM.

some people are amazing. It would be great if they put as much effort into the quality of the dogs as they did in making those by-laws

I like the way the emphasis is about customers, money, and continual promoting of the EE. There is no emphasis on proving your stock, because that might end up costing breeders money, which isn't in line with the policies of the EE. Promote, breed, promote some more. All your base are belong to us.

At least he requires them to reg. w/ ABKC. Maybe ABKC will catch on more.

Quote Originally Posted by ABK
    That would be good if they became a strictly ABKC, and all left the ADBA/AADR or whichever others...It would also be nice if they would all start calling them American Bullies, instead of "pit bulls".

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandjean
    That would be good if they became a strictly ABKC, and all left the ADBA/AADR or whichever others...It would also be nice if they would all start calling them American Bullies, instead of "pit bulls".
    I think that would be awesome. I don't really have anything against American Bullies myself. I just don't like it when their breeders/owners try to pass them off as "pit bulls."

I also don't like the fact that the breeders of American Bullies are price gouging wankers, but we'll save that for another thread.

I think that would be awesome. I don't really have anything against American Bullies myself. I just don't like it when their breeders/owners try to pass them off as "pit bulls."
    Yeah, the only time I have a problem with the AmBull is when they do say that it's an APBT. I personally wouldn't want one, but if they are honest and say this is an American Bully, then I have no problem what-so-ever with them.

Yeah, their prices are outragous, but if someone wants to throw their money into that, then it's their money to waste. I personally couldn't see myself ever paying that much for a puppy, but I also don't like to throw money away.

Me either. A lot of folks like to say we "hate" on them, but most of us don't. I actually think they're cute in an ugly sort of way & those who don't fancy them at all usually don't fault the dog, b/c it can't help what it is. Almost all the folks I have ever spoke to were angry w/ the breeders, not the dogs.

He requires them to reg with ABKC because he founded it.

Members will not "bate" fellow members into arguments that are geared to promote conflict and unrest within the group.
    Bait would be the proper term as in fishing, not bate as in master...

All I can say is wow. While I can appreciate that they are trying to maintain a standard (code of ethics), I would in no way agree to these terms personally.

All I see in this is $$$$'s for Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by renegadepit
    He requires them to reg with ABKC because he founded it.
    Who cares??? As long as those Bullies out of the ADBA, AADR, UKC or any other registry that the breeders can manipulate to misrepresent their stock as "pit bulls" I think it's all good.

lol, it's like the dog breeding mafia. I agree with the previous statements made about this, but at least they are attempting to police themselves. I think the game-dog community should try to do a better job of it.....not by these means, but perhaps there is something that can be learned from this.