+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Ofrn

  1. #1

    Post Ofrn

    Are there any true OFRN still left out there? i see people advertising that they have them all the time but when i ask them about it they know nothing about the history. im not saying i know everything but i have read a little bit. Anyways just wondering if anyone could help out there.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Ofrn

    Anyone know of someone with true OFRN's?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Ofrn

    There is still quite a bit left out there, if you know where to look. You have to take into account, the "OFRN" strain was a family of dogs long dead, but people have dedicated breeding programs to keeping these dogs the main influence all these years later. If you do some research on what went into "OFRN" dogs, and who kept breeding them, you will be able to trace quite a bit towards today's breeders.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Ofrn

    There is a hobby breader in Brunswick, GA that claims they breed OFRN. I don't personally know them and can not vouch for them, but I did run across them looking for one myself.

    www.bryantsreddevils.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    up north
    Posts
    1,887

    Default Re: Ofrn

    Not good examples of working ofrn blood. Mostly camalot Castillos and ambertlite with a toutch of wilder. Wilder being the only blood even close to being working ofrn blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakergary
    There is a hobby breader in Brunswick, GA that claims they breed OFRN. I don't personally know them and can not vouch for them, but I did run across them looking for one myself.

    www.bryantsreddevils.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    *The City Of Dreams*
    Posts
    958

    Default Re: Ofrn

    ironline kennels has some of the working stock.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,157

    Default Re: Ofrn

    Have you checked out www.oldfamilyreds.com in Florida?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Ofrn

    Look for Ironline Kennels and look up Morgan Kennels
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey024
    Anyone know of someone with true OFRN's?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Ofrn

    hey smokey, i have some true ofrn blood. hemphill/wallace, eli, rozomus. i just completed a close breeding to tighten the blood back up. my website is being updated but u can get a look at a lil of wut i have at davisboypits - don't let the pet look fool u. ***NO peddling of your puppies on this site!!***

    justa
    Last edited by miakoda; 04-15-2007 at 11:56 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Ofrn

    I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned OFBA...

    ...you'd be hard-pressed (to say the least) to get an OFBA dog/pup though. My friend has one and had another prior to her current dog. Nice looking and hard working red noses in my opinion.
    Last edited by DS_Lady; 04-12-2007 at 10:37 AM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Ofrn

    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Lady
    I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned OFBA...

    ...you'd be hard-pressed (to say the least) to get an OFBA dog/pup though. My friend has one and had another prior to her current dog. Nice looking and hard working red noses in my opinion.
    I didnt think OFBA was around anymore. Do you know where your friend got her dog from??? Or do you have any other info on it i havent been able to find much about it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    619

    Default Re: Ofrn

    I have a small yard of OFR's (Hemphil/Wilder) and in process of possibly picking up a male from Morgans. The problem with this strain is alot of people are breeding them with Blues to get huge reds for looks so it is pretty hard to find someone with OFR's.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Ofrn

    thats because they are techically not true OFR's. Old family reds are the strain of dogs that produced the old family Red nose.. they are the dogs that came from the original Old family dogs and were red in color.

    Now adays some people coined the name Old Family Reds for some bigger type "red" dogs ... not the same..

  14. #14

    Default Re: Ofrn

    Quote Originally Posted by smokey024
    I didnt think OFBA was around anymore. Do you know where your friend got her dog from??? Or do you have any other info on it i havent been able to find much about it.
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...hp?dog_id=5718

    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...p?dog_id=86016
    these dogs arent around anymore I do believe.. however, the ped on Red Satan is wrong..

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Ofrn

    Quote Originally Posted by smokey024
    I didnt think OFBA was around anymore. Do you know where your friend got her dog from??? Or do you have any other info on it i havent been able to find much about it.
    She got them from a man named Lano (sp?) in California...it took her years to be able to get a dog from him. He (the dog) fairly recently took Best Red-Nose under Stratton.

    My roomate was offered a pup from him, but didn't have room for another dog in his yard at the time... I would've met him too, but I couldn't take the time off

    If you'd like more info, please feel free to PM me
    Last edited by DS_Lady; 04-14-2007 at 03:20 PM.

  16. Default Re: Ofrn

    Quote Originally Posted by iron_dusty
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...hp?dog_id=5718

    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...p?dog_id=86016
    these dogs arent around anymore I do believe.. however, the ped on Red Satan is wrong..
    Very nice bloodline
    jolly a very best pedigree. You have foto nor these liable ofba? They are a keen on these dogs but roughly in the 2007 possible pick up.

  17. #17

    Thumbs up Re: Ofrn

    i would love a real ofrn i have some good dogs that have little ofrn www.maniacbigd.8m.com my $#@! venneo is a great dog she is lonzo/ofrn and lonzo goes back to ofrn so look at my sight

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    208

    Default Re: OFBA

    This is a crosspost from a different forum in regards to OFBA, just thought I would share it.



    - CROSSPOST-
    "The OFBA was started in the early 80's by D. Hanna and S. Ishikawa. The foundation stud used was Wilder's Red Satan. The concept of forming an asscosiation of OFRN breeders was commendable but their lack of knowledge concerning gamedogs was their downfall.

    Their actions were honorable as far as matching dogs. Their lack of knowledge and guidance exposed those dogs matched to cruel game tests. The dogs matched weren't pit quality and the keeps were subpar resulting in losses everytime out. They needed the guidance of an experienced dogman.

    When it came to breeding they just peddled the blood. Towards the end of the 80's early 90's the OFBA and B.Pritt's were the only ones with heavy Hemphill blood. Dogs were being peddled on papers only. The females they bred to weren't pit quality either.

    J.Santoyo, S.Greene, J.Proetti, Hughes, G.Vega, L.Ringo, R.Sanchez & L.Drain were some of the members towards the end who tried to keep the OFBA going. R.Sanchez contacted me awhile back wanting to breed to Danger. He owned Ren's Hemphill Damian, Ren's Hemphill China and dogs bred very similar." -CROSSPOST-

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    *The City Of Dreams*
    Posts
    958

    Default Re: OFBA

    Quote Originally Posted by MASON
    This is a crosspost from a different forum in regards to OFBA, just thought I would share it.



    - CROSSPOST-
    "The OFBA was started in the early 80's by D. Hanna and S. Ishikawa. The foundation stud used was Wilder's Red Satan. The concept of forming an asscosiation of OFRN breeders was commendable but their lack of knowledge concerning gamedogs was their downfall.

    Their actions were honorable as far as matching dogs. Their lack of knowledge and guidance exposed those dogs matched to cruel game tests. The dogs matched weren't pit quality and the keeps were subpar resulting in losses everytime out. They needed the guidance of an experienced dogman.

    When it came to breeding they just peddled the blood. Towards the end of the 80's early 90's the OFBA and B.Pritt's were the only ones with heavy Hemphill blood. Dogs were being peddled on papers only. The females they bred to weren't pit quality either.

    J.Santoyo, S.Greene, J.Proetti, Hughes, G.Vega, L.Ringo, R.Sanchez & L.Drain were some of the members towards the end who tried to keep the OFBA going. R.Sanchez contacted me awhile back wanting to breed to Danger. He owned Ren's Hemphill Damian, Ren's Hemphill China and dogs bred very similar." -CROSSPOST-
    damn tht sucks.

  20. Default Re: OFBA

    Quote Originally Posted by MASON
    This is a crosspost from a different forum in regards to OFBA, just thought I would share it.



    - CROSSPOST-
    "The OFBA was started in the early 80's by D. Hanna and S. Ishikawa. The foundation stud used was Wilder's Red Satan. The concept of forming an asscosiation of OFRN breeders was commendable but their lack of knowledge concerning gamedogs was their downfall.

    Their actions were honorable as far as matching dogs. Their lack of knowledge and guidance exposed those dogs matched to cruel game tests. The dogs matched weren't pit quality and the keeps were subpar resulting in losses everytime out. They needed the guidance of an experienced dogman.

    When it came to breeding they just peddled the blood. Towards the end of the 80's early 90's the OFBA and B.Pritt's were the only ones with heavy Hemphill blood. Dogs were being peddled on papers only. The females they bred to weren't pit quality either.

    J.Santoyo, S.Greene, J.Proetti, Hughes, G.Vega, L.Ringo, R.Sanchez & L.Drain were some of the members towards the end who tried to keep the OFBA going. R.Sanchez contacted me awhile back wanting to breed to Danger. He owned Ren's Hemphill Damian, Ren's Hemphill China and dogs bred very similar." -CROSSPOST-
    Damian and china very nice dog. Whether not mistake you have owned too REN'S SACHI other beautiful dog bloodline Sarona/Hishikawa. Too I I've familiar R.Sanchez both there we're exchanged some mail R.Mitchell you have now some dog result dai dogs ofba. Conversant other take nor dogs OFBA?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts