+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ofrn

Post Ofrn

Are there any true OFRN still left out there? i see people advertising that they have them all the time but when i ask them about it they know nothing about the history. im not saying i know everything but i have read a little bit. Anyways just wondering if anyone could help out there.

Default Re: Ofrn

Anyone know of someone with true OFRN's?

There is still quite a bit left out there, if you know where to look. You have to take into account, the "OFRN" strain was a family of dogs long dead, but people have dedicated breeding programs to keeping these dogs the main influence all these years later. If you do some research on what went into "OFRN" dogs, and who kept breeding them, you will be able to trace quite a bit towards today's breeders.

There is a hobby breader in Brunswick, GA that claims they breed OFRN. I don't personally know them and can not vouch for them, but I did run across them looking for one myself.

www.bryantsreddevils.com

Not good examples of working ofrn blood. Mostly camalot Castillos and ambertlite with a toutch of wilder. Wilder being the only blood even close to being working ofrn blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakergary
    There is a hobby breader in Brunswick, GA that claims they breed OFRN. I don't personally know them and can not vouch for them, but I did run across them looking for one myself.

www.bryantsreddevils.com

ironline kennels has some of the working stock.

Have you checked out www.oldfamilyreds.com in Florida?

Look for Ironline Kennels and look up Morgan Kennels
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey024
    Anyone know of someone with true OFRN's?

hey smokey, i have some true ofrn blood. hemphill/wallace, eli, rozomus. i just completed a close breeding to tighten the blood back up. my website is being updated but u can get a look at a lil of wut i have at davisboypits - don't let the pet look fool u. ***NO peddling of your puppies on this site!!***

justa
    Last edited by miakoda; 04-15-2007 at 11:56 PM.

I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned OFBA...

...you'd be hard-pressed (to say the least) to get an OFBA dog/pup though. My friend has one and had another prior to her current dog. Nice looking and hard working red noses in my opinion.
    Last edited by DS_Lady; 04-12-2007 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DS_Lady
    I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned OFBA...

...you'd be hard-pressed (to say the least) to get an OFBA dog/pup though. My friend has one and had another prior to her current dog. Nice looking and hard working red noses in my opinion.
    I didnt think OFBA was around anymore. Do you know where your friend got her dog from??? Or do you have any other info on it i havent been able to find much about it.

I have a small yard of OFR's (Hemphil/Wilder) and in process of possibly picking up a male from Morgans. The problem with this strain is alot of people are breeding them with Blues to get huge reds for looks so it is pretty hard to find someone with OFR's.

thats because they are techically not true OFR's. Old family reds are the strain of dogs that produced the old family Red nose.. they are the dogs that came from the original Old family dogs and were red in color.

Now adays some people coined the name Old Family Reds for some bigger type "red" dogs ... not the same..

I didnt think OFBA was around anymore. Do you know where your friend got her dog from??? Or do you have any other info on it i havent been able to find much about it.
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...hp?dog_id=5718

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...p?dog_id=86016
    these dogs arent around anymore I do believe.. however, the ped on Red Satan is wrong..

She got them from a man named Lano (sp?) in California...it took her years to be able to get a dog from him. He (the dog) fairly recently took Best Red-Nose under Stratton.

My roomate was offered a pup from him, but didn't have room for another dog in his yard at the time... I would've met him too, but I couldn't take the time off

If you'd like more info, please feel free to PM me
    Last edited by DS_Lady; 04-14-2007 at 03:20 PM.

16. Default Re: Ofrn

Quote Originally Posted by iron_dusty
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...hp?dog_id=5718

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...p?dog_id=86016
    these dogs arent around anymore I do believe.. however, the ped on Red Satan is wrong..
    Very nice bloodline
    jolly a very best pedigree. You have foto nor these liable ofba? They are a keen on these dogs but roughly in the 2007 possible pick up.

Thumbs up Re: Ofrn

i would love a real ofrn i have some good dogs that have little ofrn www.maniacbigd.8m.com my $#@! venneo is a great dog she is lonzo/ofrn and lonzo goes back to ofrn so look at my sight

Default Re: OFBA

This is a crosspost from a different forum in regards to OFBA, just thought I would share it.

- CROSSPOST-
    "The OFBA was started in the early 80's by D. Hanna and S. Ishikawa. The foundation stud used was Wilder's Red Satan. The concept of forming an asscosiation of OFRN breeders was commendable but their lack of knowledge concerning gamedogs was their downfall.

Their actions were honorable as far as matching dogs. Their lack of knowledge and guidance exposed those dogs matched to cruel game tests. The dogs matched weren't pit quality and the keeps were subpar resulting in losses everytime out. They needed the guidance of an experienced dogman.

When it came to breeding they just peddled the blood. Towards the end of the 80's early 90's the OFBA and B.Pritt's were the only ones with heavy Hemphill blood. Dogs were being peddled on papers only. The females they bred to weren't pit quality either.

J.Santoyo, S.Greene, J.Proetti, Hughes, G.Vega, L.Ringo, R.Sanchez & L.Drain were some of the members towards the end who tried to keep the OFBA going. R.Sanchez contacted me awhile back wanting to breed to Danger. He owned Ren's Hemphill Damian, Ren's Hemphill China and dogs bred very similar." -CROSSPOST-

Default Re: OFBA

Quote Originally Posted by MASON
    This is a crosspost from a different forum in regards to OFBA, just thought I would share it.

- CROSSPOST-
    "The OFBA was started in the early 80's by D. Hanna and S. Ishikawa. The foundation stud used was Wilder's Red Satan. The concept of forming an asscosiation of OFRN breeders was commendable but their lack of knowledge concerning gamedogs was their downfall.

Their actions were honorable as far as matching dogs. Their lack of knowledge and guidance exposed those dogs matched to cruel game tests. The dogs matched weren't pit quality and the keeps were subpar resulting in losses everytime out. They needed the guidance of an experienced dogman.

When it came to breeding they just peddled the blood. Towards the end of the 80's early 90's the OFBA and B.Pritt's were the only ones with heavy Hemphill blood. Dogs were being peddled on papers only. The females they bred to weren't pit quality either.

J.Santoyo, S.Greene, J.Proetti, Hughes, G.Vega, L.Ringo, R.Sanchez & L.Drain were some of the members towards the end who tried to keep the OFBA going. R.Sanchez contacted me awhile back wanting to breed to Danger. He owned Ren's Hemphill Damian, Ren's Hemphill China and dogs bred very similar." -CROSSPOST-
    damn tht sucks.

20. Default Re: OFBA

Quote Originally Posted by MASON

- CROSSPOST-

Damian and china very nice dog. Whether not mistake you have owned too REN'S SACHI other beautiful dog bloodline Sarona/Hishikawa. Too I I've familiar R.Sanchez both there we're exchanged some mail R.Mitchell you have now some dog result dai dogs ofba. Conversant other take nor dogs OFBA?