Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default wolf vs. pitbull: who'd win?

seen this question on another forum i was reading, whats your opinons?

btw heres the link to the other discussion i hope its aloud, if not please delete.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1103891

Default Re: wolf vs. pitbull: who'd win?

Um this has been discussed before

wasn't there a lil bit of somethin like this in "white fang" or sonethin? one of those classics had this in it.

Thats comparing apples to oranges. A game dog is game that meens the love he has to fight is what keeps him going A wolf fights to survive and eat. And dogs are fought in wt class. Pound for Pound the Game pitbull is by far the best at what he was bred to do. And by cajun Rules it would not even be fair to the wolf Besides why would you want to match a wolf any way they are not box dogs. YIS J

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyransom
    wasn't there a lil bit of somethin like this in "white fang" or sonethin? one of those classics had this in it.
    Yeah. White Fang beat every dog it was matched against until a red/rednose pit bull came along. They had to use a cane to pry his jaws open when he clamped down on his neck... Back when dog fighting was legal, did many people actually just match any dogs together like that? No rules or weight cl$#@!?

Yes White Fang was a wolf hybrid that was matched and won against many dogs, ultimately loosing to a Pit Bull.

Here is what a wolf is all about:
    http://www.enature.com/flashcard/sho...dNumber=MA0158

Since form follows function the wolf and the PB are designed for two different functions.....I would say if you matched a wolf against a PB in a PB forum very likely this shy and private wolf would loose.

If you matched a PB against a wolf in the wolfs environment...well lets say the PB is likely to become food for the pack.

Sort of like matching a Boxer against a Mountain Climber....it would be all about how you defined the test...Do they put gloves on, or spiked shoes and start up Mount Everest???? Sort of a foolish question IMHO

Actually, in White Fang the book, they were referring to an English Bulldog. And they used the muzzle of a gun to pry him off. In the movie I saw, they used a cropped brindle Pit Bull. I guess the idea of an EB taking out a wolf was just too far-fetched for most people. LOL!

I think a wolf would run from the fight. Can't blame them. After all, their first instinct is to live, not fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyK9
    Yeah. White Fang beat every dog it was matched against until a red/rednose pit bull came along. They had to use a cane to pry his jaws open when he clamped down on his neck... Back when dog fighting was legal, did many people actually just match any dogs together like that? No rules or weight cl$#@!?
    To answer your question, yes. I've read many accounts of people doing just that, my dog can whoop your dog, bla bla bla. In fact, some folks got into the game because as youngsters they matched their GSD or Husky or whatever they had with other neighborhood kid's dogs......then one day someone brought a pit bull around, and after seeing the dog in action decided they had to have one.

The only way this would ever happen, is if a APBT stumbled across a wolf, stalked it, and initiated the fight before the wolf could flee (not likely). This is not our dogs style, and they do not have the fine-tuned senses wolves have. They have them to a lesser degree, but do not utilize them daily, and have honed it in. Other then that, the only way it would happen, is a "White Fang" scenario-staged. Bulldogs do not fight like wolves, wolves dont enjoy fighting, and dont have the skills in that area a bulldog does. Wolves hunt for food, thats it. People thinking a wolf is going to fight one on one with a bulldog, and go toe-to-toe while taking damage have overdosed on the crazy pills for the night. They bite, snap, jump around and show other manuevers we'd associate with the rankest cur. There is always a certain point where the punishments outweigh the rewards, and an animal will call it in. For wolves, if its taking a good licking, or is startled by a bulldogs fighting style, it WILL tuck tail and flee.... lick its wounds, and pick an easier meal next time. The most likely scenario would entail a wolf dropped into a box with a bulldog, showing its teeth, growling, until it gets bit, at which point it will cur-snap the back of the neck, or whatever is available, trying to retreat and escape the hold its currently in. If its lucky, it will have enough energy to jump the box and high-tail it to anywhere but there, at the moment the bulldog goes to reposition itself. Toe-to-toe? No way. Two completely diffrent fighting styles, and purposes. Not only is it a null point, its cruelty to force animals into fighting for any reason other then they enjoy it. Just because one of the dogs loves the hell out of it, and the other "will fight" for 5 minutes, doesnt make it fair. A bulldog into most any other breed, is downright animal cruelty imo. That is when the "forced to fight" $#@! comes into play.

I think one on one The pit bull would win. But wolfves usally travel in packs so it would not be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by black_caesar72
    I think one on one The pit bull would win. But wolfves usally travel in packs so it would not be fair.
    Many people hunt coyotes, and wolves with APBT's, and this is the main concern-multiple game on one bulldog. Wolves arent stupid, I've personally experienced one walking up to a dog, acting tough, and enticing the dog to chase them back to an ambush spot, where the rest of the pack is waiting. Seen it many times, especially where I live. They love to get one stupid enough to chase one-on-one and the rest of the pack jumps up from an irrigation ditch 200 yards into the corn field. Its a safe bet to assume when one approaches you in this manner, its either sick, or preparing an ambush, either way its not smart to let your dog go.

i think 14rock pretty muchsed summed it up..

head to head, if put into a pit - a apbt i think would destroy a wolf.
    Reason being - the wolf would quit, opposed to the pitbull, who is just focused on conserving energy and destroying the wolf..
    Its putting a wolf that is good for a 7 minute wind against a dog who is is capable of 1/2hours(if its a game dog that is)

Wolfs are dangerous in packs... if a pitbull happened to run into a pack in the woods, its a good call to go ahead and say the pit will be food.

1 on 1.... apbt > wolf

I forgot about that movie. Whitefang was the sh%t!!!

No dog could win agains a pack of wolves. I won't even get into the experiences and stories I know of hunting dogs having a run in with a pack of wolves...
    I know people who hunt wolves and coyotes with sight hounds, APBTs, Black Mouth or Mountain Curs and all are sucessful kill dogs when against one wolf. A wolf simply put has a different fighting style compared to any dog, but they do have strength and stamina on there side, but a good dog will do em in.

Yeah It was white fang, and White Fang lost....

OT, but Rock, you've got wolves near where you live? How cool is that? When I lived in MO, I always wanted to go to the wild canid center they have there, but never made it.

sedaliapitbulls Guest

I like that movie it was a preatty good movie but yah a pit bull would win that is if it dosn,t curr.

Quote Originally Posted by sedaliapitbulls
    I like that movie it was a preatty good movie but yah a pit bull would win that is if it dosn,t curr.
    How absurd would it be to stick a wolf in a pit with a champion bulldog...hell I give points to the folks that could keep the wolf in the pit because you know that wolfs instincts are saying.....hmmm minimal survival chances if I stay here. And by the way in Jack Londons classic White Fang - White Fang was part domestic dog...a wolf hybrid.

In the wild minus the pack I think any domesticated dog would be at a disadvantage to a wolf...the wolf would have superior survival skills even one on one....the battle would not be one of the two dogs goin at it, I bet a wolf would string that dog along until the wolf felt it had an advantage, because that is how a wolf survives.

Did anyone see that special on the wolf pack behavior where a coyote snuck into a packs territory and stole some food.....the alpha female went back for and stalked that animal until she could attack and kill it, then the pack ate the poor thing. Not comparing a coyote to a bulldog but even one on one in the wolfs environment the battle would be different, I think it would be more of a contest of strategy and survival and the pit bull would be at a disadvantage.

Ya gotta love this what if stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by thunderhead
    seen this question on another forum i was reading, whats your opinons?

btw heres the link to the other discussion i hope its aloud, if not please delete.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1103891
    i dont know but hulk hogan would whip randy savage's ass any day of the week!........yeah i know it made about as much sense as the question.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogiemanBlood
    i dont know but hulk hogan would whip randy savage's ass any day of the week!........yeah i know it made about as much sense as the question.
    OOOHHHH YYYEEEEAAAA BROTHER LOL