+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default reputable game breeders in NC?

Im lookin to get a game bred male pup, im thinking about getting one from Tom Garners Kennel but just seeing if there is anymore. Main thing im lookin for is ''Chinaman'' line.

---Sorry if this kind of post is not allowed, im not trying to buy the pup off of here i just dont want to make a mistake buying from the wrong person---

Default Re: reputable game breeders in NC?

well you are in the heart of gamedog country if you ask me,. shouldnt be hard to find.

Yea also in heart of alot of byb's... I've seen people on corners claiming to sell full blooded pits with lines of termite, zebo, jocko, redboy, eli(those are main things ppl just happen to have around here..) Also i keep seeing people selling razor's edge/gotty line bullies or what ever and thats not really what i was looking for.. but anywayz back on subject

Im just looking for someone that is trustworthy and prooven reliable and has a rep as a breeder.

Do some homework. If you are THIS new to bulldogs you should study up some before you consider getting one.

Yes, there are reputable breeders in NC. But you should do some study on the breed before approaching them. Not trying to dis you either. But you are asking a very basic question that you should know the answer to before talking to a breeder.

well theres all tht everywhere lol but i know what u mean. i woyuld say garner as he is the keeper of the frisco/chinaman stuff. there are alot of keepers of good lines in tht state alone. but off the top of my head for just chinaman garner comes to mind. maybve epinette kennels as well? some locals will definitely check in later today or pm ya hopefully.

good post pennsooner.

Also to other guy i am not new to pitbulls and have had n raised pitbulls for almost 4years now(may not be long to most of u.. -.-) and also i dont really see how i'm asking the basic question seeing that im sure there are 100's of kennels in nc that sell pitbulls, and even more byb's. I rather find out who I should really look into buying from then go and make a mistake.

FearlessKnight Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nc_pitz
    Also to other guy i am not new to pitbulls and have had n raised pitbulls for almost 4years now(may not be long to most of u.. -.-) and also i dont really see how i'm asking the basic question seeing that im sure there are 100's of kennels in nc that sell pitbulls, and even more byb's. I rather find out who I should really look into buying from then go and make a mistake.
    I agree. You don't have to know who the top breeders are in a certain place, the main concern anybody should have is do YOU know how to TAKE CARE of the top breed? You can know how to take of a pit bull without knowing who the best people are to buy one from. Just like a kid, people have them everyday and haven't a clue about daycares......they don't all use them. Doesnt make them a bad parent....does it?
    Seems to me this young man is trying to watch his back and not get screwed....nothing wrong with that. Not IMO anyways. Seems he is doing his homework now.....NOw I am going to do mine....
    What are you looking for this dog for?
    Are you planning on breeding?
    Are you planning on showing?
    Do you intend to do weight pull with him?
    Do you plan on using him for hog hunting?
    Do you plan to have him Neutered?
    How many pit bulls do you currently have?
    Are they insinde or outside dogs?
    Do you have the proper set up if outside?

If you are planning on breeding him, I would have to agree with pennsooner, because a good breeder does know A LOT and shouldn't have to ask that question.
    If you are planning on showing or getting him into weight pull or hog hunting....great!
    If you already have a pit bull and it is in your home and this one is going to be inside too, I agree with pennsooner.
    If you have pit bulls and they are outside on chains (proper set up)...great!
    If you plan on neutering him and keeping him as your pet pit...great!

Agreed. Sounds to me like he's just trying to find a breeder he can trust...someone he knows he will get a well bred pup from and not a byb. I don't see anything wrong with that. Good luck with your search!

Quote Originally Posted by southeasternpits
    I agree. You don't have to know who the top breeders are in a certain place, the main concern anybody should have is do YOU know how to TAKE CARE of the top breed? You can know how to take of a pit bull without knowing who the best people are to buy one from. Just like a kid, people have them everyday and haven't a clue about daycares......they don't all use them. Doesnt make them a bad parent....does it?
    Seems to me this young man is trying to watch his back and not get screwed....nothing wrong with that. Not IMO anyways. Seems he is doing his homework now.....NOw I am going to do mine....
    What are you looking for this dog for?
    Are you planning on breeding?
    Are you planning on showing?
    Do you intend to do weight pull with him?
    Do you plan on using him for hog hunting?
    Do you plan to have him Neutered?
    How many pit bulls do you currently have?
    Are they insinde or outside dogs?
    Do you have the proper set up if outside?

If you are planning on breeding him, I would have to agree with pennsooner, because a good breeder does know A LOT and shouldn't have to ask that question.
    If you are planning on showing or getting him into weight pull or hog hunting....great!
    If you already have a pit bull and it is in your home and this one is going to be inside too, I agree with pennsooner.
    If you have pit bulls and they are outside on chains (proper set up)...great!
    If you plan on neutering him and keeping him as your pet pit...great!
    does somebody ask you all these questions everytime you get a bulldog? if not now, did somebody ask you all these questions when you got started? did you have all the answers? just wondered. the guy sounds like he's trying to be responsible and you make it sound as though he's some stupid newb who really shouldn't own a bulldog yet. maybe not your intention but that's how you come across. Good luck with your search. I'm sure with lots of research you can find an honest, reputable breeder in N.C.
    Last edited by BoogiemanBlood; 01-15-2007 at 09:22 AM.

FearlessKnight Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BoogiemanBlood
    does somebody ask you all these questions everytime you get a bulldog? if not now, did somebody ask you all these questions when you got started? did you have all the answers? just wondered. the guy sounds like he's trying to be responsible and you make it sound as though he's some stupid newb who really shouldn't own a bulldog yet. maybe not your intention but that's how you come across. Good luck with your search. I'm sure with lots of research you can find an honest, reputable breeder in N.C.
    No, actually we ask those questions when we are selling pups. We like to know people's intentions. (Iwas just trying to se what his intensions were) If I came off as making him sound stupid I am sorry, I didn't mean to. I was on his side....I agreed with him. Maybe you should re-read my post. I was defending him!

P.S. I can very much answer all of those questions if they were asked to me.
    Last edited by FearlessKnight; 01-15-2007 at 08:07 PM.

Yeah, I live in NC and I'm right inthe middle of game dog country. If you want a chinaman dog, go to the source. TOM GARNER. he lives in nc

Tom-garner-kennels.com

There are many good breeders in NC some you have herd of some you will not! Understand that many people will look down upon you, so it is up to you if you are willing to rise above the negative feed back! remember not everybody you talk to knows about dogs. Always search for more information! Good luck and go with you heart no ones elses!

just wondering what kind of "pitbulls" you own. im not trying to judge or anything like that i just wonder if you really know what kind of animal a game bred dog is, and what kind of temperment to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by game_test
    just wondering what kind of "pitbulls" you own. im not trying to judge or anything like that i just wonder if you really know what kind of animal a game bred dog is, and what kind of temperment to expect.
    Good question....

If you are "REALLY" into APBT -- in this state --- you would know who the "big dogs" are. Most people in NC who are "really" into APBT-- who do their homework - know who the good people are and who has crap.
    maybe not all of them but quite a few of them---
    If you know 1 good dogman most of the time they know another good dogman.

Tom Garner... the source for the purest Chinaman is right in NC, give him a call.

Alot of good game dogs in those hills you should have no prob finding what you want. With out paying an arm and a nut for it. I would go and viset as many dog me as you can and find out as much as you can about each dog they have and it wouldnt hurt to lend an helping hand when your are thare every kennel could use some help sometimes and if you offer most people will eccept and you may find a new friend and belive me the best dogs are the ones that are given to you. YIS J

it will be hard asking questions like this(gamedog) on a public forum,to many unwanted eyes surffing

Are you planning on breeding?Not planning on it yet
    Are you planning on showing?Yup
    Do you intend to do weight pull with him?Yup
    Do you plan on using him for hog hunting? It will be something new to me but i have thought about trying it out and if the owner of the pup does it maybe i could tag along with him because i dont know anyone or where to do such a thing.
    Do you plan to have him Neutered?Yes inless i get another female of the same line that isent its sister and she has what will make the line better(4rm what i know gameness, good temperment and of course no health problems)
    How many pit bulls do you currently have?i currently have 2 But they are with my brother so they wont be around mines but maybe 1-2times every month but he also knows about pitbulls and how they may act after not seeing each other for how long and if its a gamebred pit how it will act etc
    Are they insinde or outside dogs?They will be inside when im not home but when i am he will get to play outside and etc as much as he wants
    Do you have the proper set up if outside? Yes i have a pretty big backyard, soon to be getting a higher gate but thinking about which kinds cause i know once it gets bigger he is gonna wanna climb/hop gate if he see's something he likes if hes loose.

---Also to the other people if u read my post it already says im thinking about buying one from tom garners already but i wanted to see if there were anymore in northcarolina that are reputable.---

Also i made the mistake of buying from someone who wasent legitamate(on my first puppy purchases) i have a chocalote rednose, and a big pitbull i never recieved the papers on either..The chocalote rednose was supposded to be alligator blood line and something else, and then the male(who is like 65pounds now) was supposed to be like zebo n jocko.. But there's no way to trace the lines now with out anypapers , but its ok because i love them two to death an they are now with my brother). I did not know much about pitbulls back then and I two was atractricted by the flashy names of the bloodlines and etc but now i have seen the light and did research.

Also he was selling ''hawaiian'' rednose's or something like that and i had asked him what makes them so special and he said they gets really big or some ish like that and back then i was a newb to pitbulls and was beleiving the media look(the bigger the better, or its all about colors) thats why i had got the male but my chocolate female is getting pretty big to =s)..

I have had many pitbull's in the past when i was younger but i took care of them mostly because of family members etc having to deploy to iraq, i know there temperment as i said im not new to pitbulls.
    ----Dang i wrote alot lol but i think everyone deserves a response =s, N the guy who sold me the pup's moved or something idk i called, n even went to his house after a month in a half of no papers and him n all his dogs etc were gone. Luckily i only payed 200dollars(each -.-) for my dogs they may or may not have been what he sayed they were but there well worth it in my eyes)---
    Last edited by Nc_pitz; 01-15-2007 at 04:43 PM.