+ Reply to Thread
    Suki Guest

Default Dog Fighting Ring "BUSTED"!

Second Suspected Dog-Fighting Ring Busted In Apopka

APOPKA, Fla. -- For the second time in two days, Orange County deputies rescued numerous dogs from a suspected dog-fighting ring. Deputies found 23 dogs at a home in Apopka on Monday afternoon.

Sunday night, 31 dogs were seized from another suspected dog-fighting ring in Apopka. Several people took off when cops showed up Sunday night. No one has been charged, but the sheriff's office said it's only a matter of time.

The animals brought into Animal Services were in pretty good shape. Some of them have old scars and some of them are just a few months old. The sheriff's office said the latest round up is directly connected to Sunday's dog seizure.

The dogs at Animal Services came from a home on 18th Street in Apopka. Orange County deputies took nearly two dozen pit bulls and pit bull mixes from the home Monday. They got their lead from a vehicle left behind in another pit bull seizure, Sunday. That's when deputies broke up what they believe to be a dog-fighting ring, although neighbors disagree.

Some of the removed dogs were a little on the thin side, but the vet looking after them said he didn't see any fresh wounds on the dogs, that ranged in age from puppies to adults. But deputies said they did find something on the 18th
    Street property consistent with an animal fighting ring.

So far, no one's been charges in connection to either Sunday's or Monday's dog seizures and the question remains, what happens to all the dogs?

"What we're looking at doing is getting custody of the animals, either for the owners to surrender the animals to us or for us to petition the court so we can have the animals here and figure out if we can adopt them out or what we are going to be able to do with the animals," explained Vanessa Bouffard, Orange County Animal Services.

As you might imagine, adding 54 dogs to the mix puts a strain on resources. Animal Services is housing each of the confiscated pit bulls alone. That means the animals eligible for adoption are being double and tripled up, so Animal Services would like to clear ownership of the dogs as soon as possible.

http://www.wftv.com/news/10512105/detail.html

Previous Stories:
    Orange County Deputies Bust Dog Fighting Ring

APOPKA, Fla. -- Animal Control Agents took more than 30 dogs from an Orange County home, Sunday night. Detectives said a tip led them to the dog fighting ring on Highland Avenue in Apopka.

Orange County deputies say it was a disturbing scene. Dozens of dogs were found injured and chained up in the backyard. They also found several dog bones, including a skull, jaw, and several teeth. The blood stained fighting pin was found just 75 yards away from the house.

A neighbor, who did not want to be identified, told Channel Nine that her neighbors did not make the dogs fight.

“If dogs are together they might scrap a little bit. But they love the dogs,” said the neighbor.

Detectives believe the dogs were burned, once they were done fighting. No arrests have been made and charges are pending.

http://www.wftv.com/news/10505826/detail.html

Default Re: Dog Fighting Ring "BUSTED"!

Why do they persist in using the term "rescue" when they intend (if I'm not very mistake) to kill all those dogs?

It doesn't match up. Vet finds no recent evidence, yet the previous article states otherwise.

Once again I smell BS. What did they find? Where is the proof, or alleged proof? Hell they think proof is anything from a breaking stick, to a mill, or to even having your own medicine. Until I see something more descriptive, this just looks like another witch hunt.

I live about 45 mins from Apopka. Knowing Orange County, this IS a witch hunt. They have tried every restriction they can think of for APBT owners, since their ban proposal was unsuccesful. What a shame that these dogs will probably die!!

Attila Guest

Once again I smell a big pile of media and HS bull pucky. This is the most delapitated case of abuse and it isn't animal abuse it is abuse of power and use of the media to hype it up into something it isn't. I am glad the neighbor got to voice the truth for once. Some times I feel like becomeing a serial killer hunting HS, AR, PETA and any other abuse of the system out there. I wonder if I could spring ole Charles Manson out and pay him to focus on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Attila Magyar
    Once again I smell a big pile of media and HS bull pucky. This is the most delapitated case of abuse and it isn't animal abuse it is abuse of power and use of the media to hype it up into something it isn't. I am glad the neighbor got to voice the truth for once. Some times I feel like becomeing a serial killer hunting HS, AR, PETA and any other abuse of the system out there. I wonder if I could spring ole Charles Manson out and pay him to focus on them?
    i WILL DEFINATELY BE PRAYING FOR YOU MY FRIEND!!

Attila Guest

Quote Originally Posted by purplepig
    i WILL DEFINATELY BE PRAYING FOR YOU MY FRIEND!!
    lol to succeed or to not become one?

Suki Guest

I wonder, how diligent they'll be about "adopting them out"... ...won't hold my breath

"What we're looking at doing is getting custody of the animals, either for the owners to surrender the animals to us or for us to petition the court so we can have the animals here and figure out if we can adopt them out or what we are going to be able to do with the animals," explained Vanessa Bouffard, Orange County Animal Services.

and what is this "something" ???
    "But deputies said they did find something on the 18th
    Street property consistent with an animal fighting ring".
    well, that defines things, huh?????

wonder how long the dogs have...........

Attila Guest

probably not very long. I wonder what the hell something is supposed to be?

Speculation.....

Where they likely have the Owners bent over is... the number of dogs on the property of Allegged suspect. So did they jump to conclusion....I would say so.

Is this a case of guilt by asosciation. Thus far it cant be denied. They need an attourney!

Attila Guest

Simms,

they likely have the Owners bent over is...

That is exactly what is going on got the owners bent over. And it ain't for some love either.