+ Reply to Thread

Default Bloodline traits?

What traits are the individual dogs known for. What traits are they known to produce, and what traits do these breeders dogs consistantly possess and throw, and what dog is the best example of two or more crosses?

Alligator, Bolio, Boyles, Chinaman, Carver, Colby (new or old), Eli, Buck, Jeep, Mayday, Redboy, Jocko, Blackjack, Midnight Cowboy, Patrick's, Boudreaux', Snooty, Mimms, Machobuck, Richard Ramirez, Zebo, Gator, Tab, Rascal, Sorrellls, Nigerino, Yellow.

I know some of these dogs come from each other or the same or similar lines. Also if you have one that is not listed please feel free to add.

Default Re: Bloodline traits?

Jocko- was pit intelligent with good biting ability.

Yellow-produced superior offspring
    Eli blood-powerfully built dogs with devastating mouths. Consistantly throw into offspring.
    Snooty-pit intelligent and style
    best Eli/Snooty cross= Chinaman
    Yellow John- one of the best redboy dogs.
    Redboy blood-fast starters with tremendous wind.
    Bolio-strong fast wrestler, ok mouth, good producer.
    One of the best crosses Bolio/Tombstone.
    Best bolio dog= Gr.Ch. Buck
    Jeep-producer
    Some of best jeep crosses= Jeep/Redboy/Jocko, Jeep/Rascal
    Zebo-pit monster, bad producer
    Nigerino- one of the best eli dogs.
    Buck-incredible stamina
    Mayday-killing machine and good producer
    Last edited by NGDOGMAN; 12-07-2006 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NGDOGMAN
    Jocko- was pit intelligent with good biting ability.

Yellow-produced superior offspring
    Eli blood-powerfully built dogs with devastating mouths. Consistantly throw into offspring.
    Snooty-pit intelligent and style
    best Eli/Snooty cross= Chinaman
    Yellow John- one of the best redboy dogs.
    Redboy blood-fast starters with tremendous wind.
    Bolio-strong fast wrestler, ok mouth, good producer.
    One of the best crosses Bolio/Tombstone.
    Best bolio dog= Gr.Ch. Buck
    Jeep-producer
    Some of best jeep crosses= Jeep/Redboy/Jocko, Jeep/Rascal
    Zebo-pit monster, bad producer
    You can't really tell what you will get from a blood line so to say, It is individual dogs produce indiviual ways. Just to say my dogs are out of eli dogs and can bite does not meen that they do not have good wind and are not intelligent and fast. It is the dogs you choose to breed that give you the dogs you are looking for not so much the blood line. That is how Ive seen it for 20 years ,some dogs work with any blood line. J

Should have been more clear i guess.i was wanting traits on individual dogs. then did they produce these traits. and what were the best crosses and examples of these. And i though when you tightened up a line you got consistancy more than not. This lets you know what you got and what you will need in a cross. And some crosses work better than others and some not at all. Like when people ask for a good mouth line you always hear the same few lines mentioned. And if it is all on the individual dogs how come everyone on the planet has a redboy/jocko dog or a jeep dog? Must have been some consistency right? and to be even more clear what tightly well bred lines usually carry a specific trait and what is that trait?

Should have been more clear i guess.i was wanting traits on individual dogs. then did they produce these traits. and what were the best crosses and examples of these. And i though when you tightened up a line you got consistancy more than not. This lets you know what you got and what you will need in a cross. And some crosses work better than others and some not at all. Like when people ask for a good mouth line you always hear the same few lines mentioned. And if it is all on the individual dogs how come everyone on the planet has a redboy/jocko dog or a jeep dog? Must have been some consistency right?
    Well he was a well premoted dog and bred a LOT so the pups were every place under the sun A lot of people have the off spring. I my self like the old Ironhead /bullyson crosses but I have a few blood lines but I allways breed the best dogs to the best dogs, I have had some of the best looking papers in the world but the dogs were not good so they were never allowed to breed. But I am kinda rare a lot of people would breed for papers not the dogs and thats why you get the I have to have Jeep/redboy (everyone else does ) that does not meen that it is better than any thing else It just meens thare is more of it. If you are looking for some dogs the best thing you can do is watch them your self and make up your own mind of what you like Alot of people do not like the Boyles line around me But I love them! every one has a choice of what they feed and most breeders will tell you that they have the best what ever in the world. J

Should have been more clear i guess.i was wanting traits on individual dogs. then did they produce these traits. and what were the best crosses and examples of these. And i though when you tightened up a line you got consistancy more than not. This lets you know what you got and what you will need in a cross. And some crosses work better than others and some not at all. Like when people ask for a good mouth line you always hear the same few lines mentioned. And if it is all on the individual dogs how come everyone on the planet has a redboy/jocko dog or a jeep dog? Must have been some consistency right? and to be even more clear what tightly well bred lines usually carry a specific trait and what is that trait?
    Consistancy or bred to hell and back!!LOL.

A person should frist see what they are wanting, then go after that. A good breeder will know the strength of the bloodline they are founded upon, and the weakness. By knowing the weaknesses, they can find the proper cross(usually trial and error) to pull in to get what they are looking for. Everytime you cross, you mix the genepool. Some crosses work better than others, for that reason. And yes, it is the individual dog that makes it. That is why many on here speak of culling so much, as just because it is an eli dog doesnt mean nothing but that there are good odds you'll get what you want out of the eli dog. Personally, I like the heart and game and attitude of my Eli dogs. The mouth is good, but I cross a monster into that to get the mouth that I am wanting. Everyone sees things alike, and yet differnently. Some bloodlines cross well, and are not very good,IMO, tight bred. An example comes to mind to me is Redboy. What I have seen is that this blood adds to almost anything I have seen it crossed into, but tight bred, it's not much IMO, I am sure there are exceptions. And like I said, we all have our own opinions. I know a guy who has had tight bred chinaman and frisco dogs and skull. He dropped the skull line as he was not impressed. Yet, go somewhere else and they put the bank on the skull dogs. Why? One skull dog is at one place, and another in the other place, genetically similar?Likely. Genetically different? More than likely.
    So going with the bloodline you like is a good starting point, then you have to go with the individual dog.

Hope that makes sense to you.

perfect sense thanks for the input.

"A good breeder will know the strength of the bloodline they are founded upon, and the weakness."
    this is what i was wanting everyone opinion/knowledge on. what are the strengths and weaknesses of the line ur running and what line is it.

For example:
    "Personally, I like the heart and game and attitude of my Eli dogs. The mouth is good, but I cross a monster into that to get the mouth that I am wanting."
    Exactly what i was looking for, you like their heart and game and say yours have an ok mouth.

What other line are yall running and what are their strong and weak points?

nice thread

hi yall.. im from mexico, near to the border with Texas.. i got a 2 year old pitbull whos got eli alligator bloodlines, i have been looking for information about them, the bloodlines, and just found about eli's.. a cousin of mine, who knows more about this, told me that this 2 lines are great, and know i know that eli's got a great mouth strenght... isnt? could someone tell me about the alligator bloodline?

That alligator stuff that made it to Mexico is great stuff...
    Tuff tuff take a bullet dogs...
    You might have something special and not know it...