Closed Thread

Thread: Double Jointed

Default Double Jointed

I have a dog that's double jointed on his 2 back legs. Here's a pic where you can more less see it. Does anyone else own one or seen one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mouzer2.JPG‎
Views:	1006
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	943  

Default Re: Double Jointed

Is that possible for dogs to be double jointed? is that a double joint or some type of birth defect. I've never seen it so I'm not sure. Thats a trip. Hell I didn't know dogs could be double jointed.

Oh yeah it's definetly possible and I believe it to be genetic. They told me his uncle was double jointed in both front and back legs. It's crazy but it doesn't hurt them in any way it just makes it look as though their leg is broken LoL usually he only does it when he's tired (in the pic) or outside doing his duty he will lift his leg to pee and he almost goes all the way down on one leg LoL

thats crazy i've never seen anything like that.

TERRIBLE TEXAS Guest

can he still do everything normal or does it hinder him

He can still do everything normal. He's even won a hunt. So I guess as long as it doesn't bother him it won't bother me

Talking Re: Double Jointed

Looks to me like he is hyperextending in the stiffle... or hock... or maybe his bones just turned to jelly??? It is pretty damned tripped out!! Almost even morbid... LMAO

DANG! that is exactly what my female is doing. I was wondering if it was double jointed too? Crazy! and ya it dosent seem to bother her at all