+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turtle Buster

Question Turtle Buster

Is turtle buster a old dog or a breed. Because i had a dog i got from a guy in indiana and everytime some one see's me with it they say "there's that Turtle Buster dog" just wanted to know

Default Re: Turtle Buster

Turtlebuster is a dead dog. Kenny Gains originated the line. Turtlebuster himself was breed down from kingfish and red devil. hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull4
    Is turtle buster a old dog or a breed. Because i had a dog i got from a guy in indiana and everytime some one see's me with it they say "there's that Turtle Buster dog" just wanted to know

Forgot to mention Turtlebuster is its own distinct bloodline now. Check Ohio's Blackfork kennels. Thay have the tightest Turtlebuster dogs I ve seen
    Last edited by Big Game; 06-27-2006 at 09:21 PM.

Ch Gaines' Turtlebuster is the sire of the bone crushing 2xW 2xLG Gaines' Fargo.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...hp?dog_id=9976

Quote Originally Posted by Big Game
    Forgot to mention Turtlebuster is its own distinct bloodline now. Check Ohio's Blackfork kennels. Thay have the tightest Turtlebuster dogs I ve seen
    do you know how to get in touch with them?

Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly
    do you know how to get in touch with them?
    they got an email on their site

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson
    they got an email on their site
    what's their site?

thanks guys

10. Default Re: Turtle Buster

Quote Originally Posted by Big Game
    Turtlebuster is NOT a bloodline.. a single dog cannot be a bloodline.. bloodline's can be based on using founding dogs but bloodlines are named for the breeder, not the dog... it's a very common misconception because most people use the dogs to describe the bloodlines ...

I have a male from Ironline Kennels who carries some heavy CH GAINES' RED DOG (3XW) . I'm liking this male allot. Nice bone and really smart.

Same Ped as this dog

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...?dog_id=198976

I disagree, many breeders collect many different bloodlines, which are or are not crossed. I could be the breeder who owns Jeep, Redboy, Boyles' and Chinaman bred dogs. Now, if I dont cross my Chinaman with my Jeep dogs... how are we to disribe my Pure Jeep dogs by only saying "the Watcher's bloodline?" How would you describe my Boyles' dogs with-out naming the dogs from which they are bred? Sure, they are bred from "the Watcher." But, what bloodline?

thanks for the interesting thought.
    JTWO

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Elvis
    Turtlebuster is NOT a bloodline.. a single dog cannot be a bloodline.. bloodline's can be based on using founding dogs but bloodlines are named for the breeder, not the dog... it's a very common misconception because most people use the dogs to describe the bloodlines ...
    Last edited by The Watcher; 06-28-2006 at 06:43 AM.

Thanks because i got a turtle buster dog and i didnt pay the guy who sold it top me all his money because i thought he was selllin me a mutt so he still has the papers but imma go and get them now thanks /and also the dead dog turtle buster what color was he

Nice dog..I hear the name around here very little...

Quote Originally Posted by LONGHORNS
    Ch Gaines' Turtlebuster is the sire of the bone crushing 2xW 2xLG Gaines' Fargo.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...hp?dog_id=9976
    fargo ant off turtlebuster. his papers were hung.

Are you saying that people refer to your dog as "turtle buster" because of the way your dog looks?

and also the dead dog turtle buster what color was he
    brindle with a wht mark on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher
    I disagree, many breeders collect many different bloodlines, which are or are not crossed. I could be the breeder who owns Jeep, Redboy, Boyles' and Chinaman bred dogs. Now, if I dont cross my Chinaman with my Jeep dogs... how are we to disribe my Pure Jeep dogs by only saying "the Watcher's bloodline?" How would you describe my Boyles' dogs with-out naming the dogs from which they are bred? Sure, they are bred from "the Watcher." But, what bloodline?

thanks for the interesting thought.
    JTWO
    I agree with The Watcher
    Also think of dog men like Carver or Floyd B. Thay both breed so many quality dogs worthy of there own bloodline. For example (hypatheticly) if I am breeding down only from eli & eli jr as my foundation studs the offspring of these litters will be of eli blood. Why? because the dog will be linebreed off Eli and not other Floyd B. dogs