+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Culling of puppies

Lol Damn Um Well Why Would You Want To Cull Pups?if The Parents Were Worth Breeding Youd Most Likely Keep Them All Till 2 Yrs B4 You Will Know Which Are No Good Or Which Are Good, Some Dogs Take 3 Yrs To Come Along Ive Seen Pups Not Want To Even Play With The Bullies Out Of A Litter And At 18 Months It Was A Whole Diff Story Jmho

I might be wrong but i thought it was illegal to kill your own dog. Isn't it some form of cruelty, don't get me wrong if i had to i would definately use the gun instead of paying crazy amount of money for a vet to do it but for some reason i thought that if u do it yourself u could get fined or arrested. Correct me if im wrong

Attila Guest

I am suprised in you that you only took part of what I typed and came to that deduction. In what cases did I say that I have or would? Never because I wanted to but to end horrible suffering in that dog that trust me 100% and that I love 100%. And no I don't cull pups. You mean to tell me in a field accident you would watch your dog die slowly? I find that difficult to believe if you could end it quickly so it suffers not. When the brain is gone the being is dead. It comes down how long are you willing to let it suffer in the Field. Pack it out of the woods drive to the nearest vet and wait for them to get ready and do it that could take a total of hours of your pet suffering in great pain. don't tell me what to do it is my oppinion that it is my duty to tend to it quickly. It is illegal to let an animal suffer not to kill it. It must be swift with minimal sufferage to the animal. Same with hunting and slaugtering of livestock. Don't humanize the situation. As much as I love my dogs I know they are not human. I would never harm my own dog. I love my dogs more than people that is for sure. But I will not let them suffer in event of a tragic accedent or in great sufferage. That is what I would call cruel and not humane. To let a dog or any animal suffer that has no chance of survival from trama or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by realonebulldog
    They are not always instantly dead. I would not be able to stand behind a dog that trust me 100% and then shot him in the head.If someone will do so, OK but dont tell it on the board.

Talking Re: Culling of puppies

Quote Originally Posted by Attila Magyar
    I am suprised in you that you only took part of what I typed and came to that deduction. In what cases did I say that I have or would? Never because I wanted to but to end horrible suffering in that dog that trust me 100% and that I love 100%. And no I don't cull pups. You mean to tell me in a field accident you would watch your dog die slowly? I find that difficult to believe if you could end it quickly so it suffers not. When the brain is gone the being is dead. It comes down how long are you willing to let it suffer in the Field. Pack it out of the woods drive to the nearest vet and wait for them to get ready and do it that could take a total of hours of your pet suffering in great pain. don't tell me what to do it is my oppinion that it is my duty to tend to it quickly. It is illegal to let an animal suffer not to kill it. It must be swift with minimal sufferage to the animal. Same with hunting and slaugtering of livestock. Don't humanize the situation. As much as I love my dogs I know they are not human. I would never harm my own dog. I love my dogs more than people that is for sure. But I will not let them suffer in event of a tragic accedent or in great sufferage. That is what I would call cruel and not humane. To let a dog or any animal suffer that has no chance of survival from trama or otherwise.
    ok ok i dont mean you Atilla.I mean everyone who did this. You know ,from my point of view a dogfight isnt cruel...its a natural thing. But its not natural to step behind your healthy dog ,wisper friendly to him and then shot in his head because you think he is a cur or whatever.If the dog is serious hurt or deadly sick...well thats another story.Or at least iam maybe a HUMANIAC....lol...

Attila Guest

Thanks for a minute I thought I was under attack from my friend. I am tracking with you now. I had to rewrite my last post in english after I did it in Magyar. got my shorts in a knot there for a bit. lol Thanks for clearing the air.

Quote Originally Posted by realonebulldog
    ok ok i dont mean you Atilla.I mean everyone who did this. You know ,from my point of view a dogfight isnt cruel...its a natural thing. But its not natural to step behind your healthy dog ,wisper friendly to him and then shot in his head because you think he is a cur or whatever.If the dog is serious hurt or deadly sick...well thats another story.Or at least iam maybe a HUMANIAC....lol...

440rider Guest

Lol Damn Um Well Why Would You Want To Cull Pups?if The Parents Were Worth Breeding Youd Most Likely Keep Them All Till 2 Yrs B4 You Will Know Which Are No Good Or Which Are Good, Some Dogs Take 3 Yrs To Come Along Ive Seen Pups Not Want To Even Play With The Bullies Out Of A Litter And At 18 Months It Was A Whole Diff Story Jmho
    well spoken from someone who KNOWS dogs! IMO culling from a breeding program is a necessary thing...as far as pups in rare cases such as a cryptorchid pup (a genetic default) culling is absolutly the way to go...neuter the pup and place it. Breeding such animals could possibly ruin a line and produce with the same results.

As far a .22 round being a cheaper route..nothing about raising these animals should revolve around the expense factor and the cheapest route...

FYI to CULL does not = kill. In this content Culling is taking out of a breeding program this is not a "pitbull/dogman term" this term is used in livestock, fowl, fish, humans, fruits/veges etc.

There have been some good posts in this thread, as well as the linked thread. I would just like to say Attila nailed it with "dont make someone else do your dirty work". If your gonna do it, then YOU need to do it.

BoiBoi-it might be illegal depending on your area, but its also illegal to jay-walk so...? I think if you must put the dog down, its more humane to do it instantly after letting the dog play in the field and tire itself out a few hours. I have had one put down at the vets through old age, and I didnt like it one bit. The dog would of been much more comfortable in my yard, instead of in a strange place, on a cold metal table, getting stuck with needles from a stranger with the smell of death in the air.

Attila Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 14rock
    There have been some good posts in this thread, as well as the linked thread. I would just like to say Attila nailed it with "dont make someone else do your dirty work". If your gonna do it, then YOU need to do it.

BoiBoi-it might be illegal depending on your area, but its also illegal to jay-walk so...? I think if you must put the dog down, its more humane to do it instantly after letting the dog play in the field and tire itself out a few hours. I have had one put down at the vets through old age, and I didnt like it one bit. The dog would of been much more comfortable in my yard, instead of in a strange place, on a cold metal table, getting stuck with needles from a stranger with the smell of death in the air.
    Thanks now that is from the heart. Poetic art of literary perfection. Good job.

i agree with u 100% rock, i was wondering about the illegal part because after watching that show on the animal channel that has the aspca going around and taking peoples dogs i thought that if somehow they found out u did it they might want to prosecute u for some form of abuse or somethin. Oh i also have another dilemma, In my area im the only person who keeps my dog on a chain setup, everyone else has there fat, lazy dogs in their houses. I worry that people will report me to the spca because they think its cruel. The only reason i say this is because i have been questioned before by some neighbors and im afraid one day my dog will be gone because of them.

You've got a pm coming, so watch for it

Attila Guest

That is why it is best not to have Neighbors. too bad we have to have the enemy in our side yard eh. I don't do cities. just for that reason. even out in the country you get a bung hole now and then but there are so many places to hide them out here.

Quote Originally Posted by BoiBoi
    i agree with u 100% rock, i was wondering about the illegal part because after watching that show on the animal channel that has the aspca going around and taking peoples dogs i thought that if somehow they found out u did it they might want to prosecute u for some form of abuse or somethin. Oh i also have another dilemma, In my area im the only person who keeps my dog on a chain setup, everyone else has there fat, lazy dogs in their houses. I worry that people will report me to the spca because they think its cruel. The only reason i say this is because i have been questioned before by some neighbors and im afraid one day my dog will be gone because of them.

well im in the suburbs and the people out here are a bunch of lab loving, tree huggers. When i live in the middle of philly there was never a problem because everyone had they're dogs outside now here everyone looks down on me because i let my dog enjoy fresh air with a long chain to run around during the day. I say da hell with them as long as they don't start something.

maryellen1 Guest

Boi Boi, if your dog has shelter, clean water and food outside and is not looking like he is suffering then your neighbors should leave you alone... however, you might want to look into a fence, or maybe alternating your dog in the house on really hot days and out on cooler days..

why is your dog outside all day on a chain might i ask??? by me, i have bears, coyotes, and now mountain lion sightings, so leaving a dog on a chain is not feasable..

my dog has all the necessary items like proper shelter, food and water. A fence is not really an option because i've got over 2 acres plus my neighbors directly next to me are really nice people and don't care about the dog being on a chain. Well i believe that a dog belongs outside because when it comes down to it, it's still an animal. Dont get me wrong when im home the dog is off his chain and goes in and out of the house, but no further than the kitchen. Also i feel that its very rude to have a dog sniffing and annoying your guests when u have people over. I see this first hand because my girlfriends mom has 2 labs that are indoors and just annoy the hell out of anybody that comes over. Another factor is the dog hair, i can't stand to sweep up dog hair all the time like my girlfriend has too, it would drive me crazy plus the mud and dirt from outside WOW don't even get me started LOL.

Attila Guest

I only have dog people over. If some one doesn't like dogs I have no use for them comming to visit me. I don't entertain people any way. They get on my nerves and leave cups and stuff out of place and sit on my dogs couch expecting my dogs to sit on the floor. ah people who needs them in your house or yard. I have hard floors and the broom and mop things is a daily event. I have covers on every thing so I can wash them. I got me one of those side load Maytag washers and wash the hell out of things every day. Thats why I bought the big monster of a washer. It is great. Yup. No sissy cityfied folks here.

Yea im not down with all that cleaning. I like to keep my house clean, not clean it every day because i allow my dog to run everywhere, plus i got too much other things going on to worry about cleaning every day. Everyone i know that comes over likes my dog, but i still would not let my dog run around and try to play with everyone because that can get annoying after a while.

rusty Guest

it is a shame that this is a topic, now I see why people want to ban APBT, if your newborn were born with a birth defect would you put that baby up for adoption or just put a bullet in the babies head, every living thing deserves a chance at life unless god himself has other plans for them.

maryellen1 Guest

attila you and i are alike!! i say, if you dont like the dogs dont come over, my crew especially rufus will climb in your lap on the couch....LOL.. i just vaccumm and clean more...

BoiBoi- ok, what about moving his chain to a different side of the yard closer to the house where the noisy neighbors cant see??
    WHY get a dog if you dont want them in the house? i guess its to each his own, as long as the dog is well cared for...

Attila Guest

Rusty,

Neither I would raise that baby best I could. However a dogs isn't a human baby now is it. Don't go PETA on us now.

Attila Guest

I hear you. I have to have something to do. These younguns will figure it out when they are retired that you have to fill a day with stuff to do or go nuts. It's like a list. I sat around for a month and about went the rest of the way crazy. lol or did I get some sanity anyway it got boring. BORING!

Quote Originally Posted by maryellen1
    attila you and i are alike!! i say, if you dont like the dogs dont come over, my crew especially rufus will climb in your lap on the couch....LOL.. i just vaccumm and clean more...

BoiBoi- ok, what about moving his chain to a different side of the yard closer to the house where the noisy neighbors cant see??
    WHY get a dog if you dont want them in the house? i guess its to each his own, as long as the dog is well cared for...