+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gator x cowboy

Default Gator x cowboy

I am considering buying a pup that was said to be gator and cowboy bloodline the pups are about 2 and 1/2 hours away. So I was wanting to get any opinions and info on these bloodlines. Dont know too much but I'm here to learn. Also plan on getting The Complete Gamedog Guide by Ed Faron I heard it was very helpful. Love to here all and any feedback good or bad. This is a learning experience for me.

Default Re: Gator x cowboy

If you get the pups pedigree from the breeder it would be very helpful there are ppl. on here who can say yes or no just on the ped. So get it and post it here..If the breeder doesn't know then don't get the pup the breeder is a BYB and irresponisble. Good Luck!!

There are a few diffrent notable "Gator" dogs, as well as "Cowboy" dogs, find out which specific Cowboy and Gator, and if possible post a ped and we will be able to help you out much more

14rock said it, let us know which Gator and Cowboy, and we could help. As for the book, I love it. It will help you alot with your dogs. Lots of valuable information and some great pictures.

SLICK WILLIE Guest

What cowboy you talking about? If it's B-lines I'd find something else!
    Quote Originally Posted by jratl1
    I am considering buying a pup that was said to be gator and cowboy bloodline the pups are about 2 and 1/2 hours away. So I was wanting to get any opinions and info on these bloodlines. Dont know too much but I'm here to learn. Also plan on getting The Complete Gamedog Guide by Ed Faron I heard it was very helpful. Love to here all and any feedback good or bad. This is a learning experience for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SLICK WILLIE
    What cowboy you talking about? If it's B-lines I'd find something else!
    I was curious why you say find something else?

Iv'e also heard bad things about this dog B-lines cowboy. However, it came from a highly unreliable source and could be true or may not have any truth to it, so I choose not to discuss it in detail.

Well the breeder said he emailed me the pedigree but I never recieved it. When i called him he said he was going to resend it and i have yet to see the email or hear from him and its been about 2 or 3 days. So I'm assuming that either he doesn't have it or he doesn't really want to sell a dog. So that breeder is out. I was wonder if anyone knew of any reputable breeders in the North Ga. area that I can visit. I live in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by jratl1
    Well the breeder said he emailed me the pedigree but I never recieved it. When i called him he said he was going to resend it and i have yet to see the email or hear from him and its been about 2 or 3 days. So I'm assuming that either he doesn't have it or he doesn't really want to sell a dog. So that breeder is out. I was wonder if anyone knew of any reputable breeders in the North Ga. area that I can visit. I live in Atlanta.
    I'd be willing to bet he has NO IDEA what the dog's pedigree is or if it is even of "pedigreed" status.

Quote Originally Posted by miakoda
    I'd be willing to bet he has NO IDEA what the dog's pedigree is or if it is even of "pedigreed" status.
    Yea i agree with you totally. That is why he is no longer a consideration anymore. I'm definately not trying to make any impulsive purchase I'm taking my time and trying to figure out what i want the right way. In the meantime I'm trying to learn as much about the breed as I can. I've been up damn near all night for the last week and a half just reading post and have been talking to a few ppl that have pretty decent Apbt experience. Just trying to be a sponge right now.

How much experience do you have with this breed?

Have you ever owned one?

Quote Originally Posted by Marty
    How much experience do you have with this breed?

Have you ever owned one?
    Yes my ex and I actually adopted one from the Humane Society in Atlanta. Buster was a 2yr old runaway that was fought by his pervious owner. Very sweet dog though, but long story short she and I broke up and of course she keep my dog that I loved. Although she loves him as much as I do. I couldn't do anything cause it was in her name since she was a female it was easier for her to adopt a pitbull. But I had Buster for about 3yrs and I'm ready to get a pup. So I'm trying to learn more about the different bloodlines. I would love to get a dog that was as good of a dog as Buster. Very well behave of course didn't like other dogs much unless they were pups but never even garked at a person. a very good dog. Of course I didn't know he's bloodline the humane society said he was a purebred but of course with no pedigree who knows. He was a decent height and about 61 lbs when I got him. a pretty big pit muscular but definately not one of those robocop bully pit some people be having. Chocolate with a white mark on chest and a red nose.

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Well, if you need to know! Mr. Ed had to dig the old boy up and DNA profile Cowboy because the first owner "Sorry Ass" hung papers on him! The other thing is that the offspring from him were just so so and could'nt get the job done. Folks were paying high dollor for offspring off Cowboy and getting their $#@! handed to them later on. People need to stop buying a damn name and buy a proven line of dogs! If you want a name I'll sell ya a BGFU T-shirt for 400.00 and now you have a name. People need to ask questions about these dogs and find out the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by lonesharkpits
    I was curious why you say find something else?

Quote Originally Posted by SLICK WILLIE
    Well, if you need to know! Mr. Ed had to dig the old boy up and DNA profile Cowboy because the first owner "Sorry Ass" hung papers on him! The other thing is that the offspring from him were just so so and could'nt get the job done. Folks were paying high dollor for offspring off Cowboy and getting their $#@! handed to them later on. People need to stop buying a damn name and buy a proven line of dogs! If you want a name I'll sell ya a BGFU T-shirt for 400.00 and now you have a name. People need to ask questions about these dogs and find out the facts.
    dig the old boy up?? he just passed a couple months ago. A DNA profile was done but Cowboy wasn't the one dug up. If you're going to bad mouth some one or their dog at least get your story straight!! I am sure most will agree that there are far less quality dogs to own other than ones bred from Cowboy. If you're not into buying a name then why are the papers so important, I'd rather have a good dog than a pretty peice of paper. As for me I have Cowboy stuff that i love and always will, but to each his own........ Not trying to start a fight here Slick Willie, just throwing in my $0.02.

SLICK WILLIE Guest

My bad it was'nt Cowboy it was Cowboy's Dam! Mr. Ed was MAD, MAD, MAD about this find though! Cowboy was papered as a tight Hargroves Outlaw bred dog untill the truth came out! I was not bad mouthing anyone just saying the sorry SOB that owned cowboy hung papers and needs shot! Mr. Ed had to breed this dog to replace the thousands of dollars he gave for him and it was over $7500.00. Mr. Ed sold cowboys mama to get enough money to buy cowboy and got crap for what he paid! I know how the story goes and the DNA was taken from a Hanger on Calamity Jane. I know one of the owners that owned her and he sold her because she was not all that and he owned some cowboy blood that could not hang for the life of them because thats what they lost! I ant to far away if you ever want a look at what is going on down this way!

QUOTE=lonesharkpits]dig the old boy up?? he just passed a couple months ago. A DNA profile was done but Cowboy wasn't the one dug up. If you're going to bad mouth some one or their dog at least get your story straight!! I am sure most will agree that there are far less quality dogs to own other than ones bred from Cowboy. If you're not into buying a name then why are the papers so important, I'd rather have a good dog than a pretty peice of paper. As for me I have Cowboy stuff that i love and always will, but to each his own........ Not trying to start a fight here Slick Willie, just throwing in my $0.02.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by SLICK WILLIE; 06-04-2006 at 09:02 PM.