+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Default Man-o-Steel bloodline

    I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this line. All I know is he was a great pit dog. I can't find anything about him anywhere, I've searched and searched and no luck. I have a guy that moved in near me and has 6 that are Angel's Man-o-Steel (not sure if thats how its spelled), and he thinks his dogs are better than everyone elses just b/c they are from this line. Well I hate to tell him that his dogs are no better than mine are! So thats why I was wanting to know about this dog. Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    In the doghouse
    Posts
    4,356

    Default Re: Man-o-Steel bloodline

    Quote Originally Posted by twiztidpitz
    I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this line. All I know is he was a great pit dog. I can't find anything about him anywhere, I've searched and searched and no luck. I have a guy that moved in near me and has 6 that are Angel's Man-o-Steel (not sure if thats how its spelled), and he thinks his dogs are better than everyone elses just b/c they are from this line. Well I hate to tell him that his dogs are no better than mine are! So thats why I was wanting to know about this dog. Thanks
    I have known several ppl who have Man 'O Steel dogs & I have owned one myself.

    The Man 'O Steel line of dogs seems to have originated in North Carolina. They range in weight from 48 to 58lbs & the smaller ones have very nice conformation. Many Man 'O Steel dogs are merle.

    If he or any of his offspring did anything legit in the pit I have neither heard about it or can find anything on it. I have only known one Man 'O Steel dog that looked good but that could have been b/c the dog was half Loposay.

    So far as I know Man 'O Steel himself was a do-nothing dog with a ho-hum pedigree (PEDIGREE). That may be why you are having such a hard time finding any info on him - so far as I know there was nothing notable to write about!

    My Man 'O Steel dog was a beautiful animal, but he was a rank cur & is now no longer in the land of the living.

    There are however, many dogs from the Man 'O Steel line who are weight pull Aces & many seek out the Man 'O Steel line for pull dogs.

    If you want to know more, the McCanns from Texalina Knls can probably help you. The have used the Man 'O Steel line for weight pull for over 10 years.

    Hope this helps!
    Last edited by ABK; 05-28-2006 at 06:49 AM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Man-o-Steel bloodline

    Thanks! That helps alot! I figured that it wasn't much behind it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    In the doghouse
    Posts
    4,356

    Default Re: Man-o-Steel bloodline

    Quote Originally Posted by twiztidpitz
    Thanks! That helps alot! I figured that it wasn't much behind it.
    So far as I know there's not. Unless you're a pull fan most ppl consider the Man 'O Steel line nothing to write home about.

    As a side note, many Man 'O Steel advocates are quick to point out the merle Man 'O Steel dogs allegedly did not inherit the merle color from the Man' O Steel line, but I find it suspicious that almost all merles in the North Carolina area have Man 'O Steel in their ped somewhere.

    Things that make ya go hmmm ...
    Last edited by ABK; 05-28-2006 at 09:26 AM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Man-o-Steel bloodline

    Yeah they do make you wonder, huh? Speaking of wich, that guy has a merle on his yard thats not registerd and is a litter mate to 2 of his others.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CHARLOTTE
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Man-o-Steel bloodline

    Well Two Years Late But Just Found This Thread. I Guess Better Late Than Never, But I Can Vouch For The Man O Steel Bloodline, Being That It Was My Dads And A Friend Of His Line. I Have Papers On Man O Steel And Can Go Back 300 Generations. They Are A Very Good Bloodline With Top Notch Dogs. Yes They Were Very Good Pull Dogs But Most Of The Awards I Have Are From Show. Man O Steel Was About 75 Pounds And The Dogs He Put Out Ran Anywhere From 55 To 75 Pounds. Not Sure Where The Merle Came Into Play Because He Was A Chocolate Color And His Son Ramblin Red Was Buckskin. They Did Originate In Nc Though In Lucia. Very Small Place Between Stanley And Mt. Holly.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Man-o-Steel bloodline

    Quote Originally Posted by JRL8171 View Post
    Well Two Years Late But Just Found This Thread. I Guess Better Late Than Never, But I Can Vouch For The Man O Steel Bloodline, Being That It Was My Dads And A Friend Of His Line. I Have Papers On Man O Steel And Can Go Back 300 Generations. They Are A Very Good Bloodline With Top Notch Dogs. Yes They Were Very Good Pull Dogs But Most Of The Awards I Have Are From Show. Man O Steel Was About 75 Pounds And The Dogs He Put Out Ran Anywhere From 55 To 75 Pounds. Not Sure Where The Merle Came Into Play Because He Was A Chocolate Color And His Son Ramblin Red Was Buckskin. They Did Originate In Nc Though In Lucia. Very Small Place Between Stanley And Mt. Holly.
    WOW!!! gamedogs that big out here?!?!?! what lines are they coming through?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CHARLOTTE
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Man-o-Steel bloodline

    Been A While Since I Looked At Them But I Know There Is A Good Bit Of Colby And Blacks In It. Will Have A Look When I Get A Chance Though And Give A More Thorough Description On Them. We Got Away From Dogs For A While So Will Have To Refresh The Memory.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts