+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default eppinete kennels

what happened to eppinette kennels? selling off most of the dogs and no more breeding? just curious.

Default Re: eppinete kennels

Quote Originally Posted by badger
    what happened to eppinette kennels? selling off most of the dogs and no more breeding? just curious.
    He probably found some other "quick money" plan to start. People were starting to call him out on peddling genetically defective dogs off Casper. I had a buddy that has seen several pups off him with seriously f'd up bites and mouths. He's never worked a dog in his life anyhow. He was lucky enough to buy a few nice dogs from some people that know how to work them and he bred them and sold their offspring. I'm not saying Phil is a bad guy but he wasn't in it for the dogs in my opinion. He did take good care of his animals.

Regards,

B
    Last edited by B; 04-23-2006 at 11:00 PM.

http://gamedogs.org/boards/eppinette.html

<CENTER>I believe that Phil Eppinette has tried to obscure the issue of his stud dog Casper
    carrying a serious genetic palate defect for parrot mouth since I have a daughter of his with it.
    I can be contacted by email for additional scientific evidence and further information for anyone interested.

I would urge anyone considering buying a pup from Phil Eppinette to NOT buy any dogs from him,
    as I consider him to be disreputable...

He refuses to acknowledge that
    many of Casper's offspring he is selling are now also carrying this serious genetic defect.</CENTER>

parrot mouth

Got a pic of this disease?

probably peddling under a diffrent name

Quote Originally Posted by Buck E. Owens View Post
    Got a pic of this disease?
    It's an over bite or over shot jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by chinasmom View Post
    It's an over bite or over shot jaw.

Thanks, never heard of it!
    Its pretty extreme i take it if the guy was that considered about parrot mouth. and every does every generation get this disease?

To help define whether the malocclusion is genetic in origin, interdigitation of the premolars is studied. In breeds that have medium and long muzzles, the premolars should meet in a saw-toothed fashion. For example, the tip of the lower third premolar should be positioned equally between the crowns of the upper third and fourth premolars. If the tip of one premolar points to the tip of another premolar, there may be a genetically induced malocclusion. This only holds true in those breeds that do not have shortened muzzles.
    Some genetic bite problems do not show up in each litter because they are recessively passed on. The goal of selective breeding is to mate one animal to another that has superior occlusion.

Hope this helps explain it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	underbite1.jpg‎
Views:	266
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	8920   Click image for larger version

Name:	normalorth.jpg‎
Views:	270
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	8921  

Thanks Eh!

Quote Originally Posted by labulldoger View Post
    probably peddling under a diffrent name
    He has a kennel and ranch supply store . Expanded the small store that was once at his house

I bought some good dogs from him( off Rajun Cajun) ,and I get my kennel supplies from him @ good prices. Everyone has their own opinions.

I don't know if he's still in the dogs or not. I got a few nice ones from him. Last I heard he was getting rid of most of his dogs & opening a real nice pet supply store.

I can't say anything bad about his dogs, save for the Casper thing. I heard about that but there's been several dogs who threw bad bites - or worse - & no one's making a big deal about that. Not that I condone it, but I find it unusual that people will make a big deal about Casper, but let others like Shorty Cowboy go unnoticed.

PE meanwhile seems like a super nice guy up front but I have found out the hard way he is a bold-faced liar & possible paper hanger. At least that has been my experience. If anyone has any questions about my experiences, please PM for details.

He still has dogs, but he sold a lot of them, and he is not breeding the ones he kept.

Its been a couple of years. Whats the latest opinions on dogs down off of Casper?

Hey JC, show some off cajun that you have if you can, I would love to have 10 more just like the one I have off him

I had one right off rajun and he was a monster. I still have him in
    Some of peds

Quote Originally Posted by bgblok68 View Post
    Its been a couple of years. Whats the latest opinions on dogs down off of Casper?
    i got a pretty good one off of ch casper. no parrot mouth, more like bear trap.

Sounds like a nice one BB.

i know PE still has a couple of dogs. he had a litter off of casper Jr and menace. i don't know how many he has left if any out of that litter .

Quote Originally Posted by bgblok68 View Post
    Sounds like a nice one BB.
    got lucky i guess

Quote Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
    got lucky i guess
    LOL!.......depends on what you consider lucky I suppose.