+ Reply to Thread
    sedaliapitbulls Guest

Default aborting a litter

does anyone know how to safely abort a litter if at all possible?

Talking Re: aborting a litter

Coat hanger? J/K A vet will do it. I think there might be a doggy day after pill. Gonna cost you. YIS

Default Re: aborting a litter

There Is A Mis-mate Shot, Some Vets Will Do It, Others Wont, You Will Have To Call Your Vet To Find Out For Sure

sedaliapitbulls Guest

Thanks verry mutch. I think a stray got to a friends dog on her last heet. Her boobs are starting to show. That sucks because We plan on taking her to the tulsa show may 6-7 in kellyville OK

Arrow Re: aborting a litter

I JUST ABORTED A LITTER ABOUT A WEEK BEFORE THE $#@! WAS GONNA DROP. IDIOT NEIGHBOR LET HIS 8 MONTH OLD GIRL GET KNOCKED UP BY HER 8 MONTH OLD LITTERMATE BROTHER. HER HEALTH AND AGE WERE NOT OPTIMUM FOR WHELPING. IT WAS ONE OF THE SADDEST THINGS IVE EVER DEALT WITH... SEEING THOSE 5 PUPS ALMOST AT BIRTH AGE. I COULD EVEN SEE WHAT COLOR THEY WERE GONNA BE. POINT IS...YOU CAN ABORT A LITTER AT ANY TIME. IF THE HEALTH OF THE MOTHER OR OTHER REASONS ARE LEANING YOU TOWARDS DOING IT....DO IT. THIS ONE WAS ABORTED BY FULL HYSTORECTOME.

Quote Originally Posted by sedaliapitbulls
    does anyone know how to safely abort a litter if at all possible?

Sometimes those shots don't work. I used to know a lady who bred Min Pins, who refused to trust the shots because a friend of hers used them, and the female ended up giving birth to one puppy that was deformed or $#@!ed or some such crap.

this is true and it can also lead to necessary spayin it is a risk the vets will tell u about and i have seen a dog have this diffuculty with the abort shot i dont recomend it

Know all about them abort shots. It's just a overload of hormones. I'm thinking the vet will only do those like real soon after mating. They will also make your dog stay in heat for another month or so. Makes 'em real cranky and weird. If it's been a good while since she mated, then they will do a abort spay like Iverson said.

sedaliapitbulls Guest

Got an appointment at the vet. They are going to do a shot. Called another vet and they wanted to do a spay. But called another vet and they talked like they can take care of it without any spay. This is a show dog so there is no possible whey he can do a spay on his apbt. You can see pics of her on www.mad-house-kennels.8m.com her name is lil miss slaughterhouse

sedaliapitbulls Guest

Good News Lil Miss Was not Pregnant. Just hormones i guess. Dont really know why her boobs were gettin bigger. anyone have any sujjections on how to suck them boobs back up

Lightbulb Re: aborting a litter

Shes probably having a false pregnancy. Pyometria can also cause it. If shes never been bred you might want to breed her next heat(vet told me that before) cause shes at risk of being infertile. Im no expert so dont let me scare you. As far as the boobs go, I think u r gonna have to ride this one out. Look at my gallery and see the little black dog? She was at the end of a false pregnancy in those pics. You can still see the tuck in the stomach. Good luck YIS

We have had females who's boobs have dropped during their heat cycle. They were not bred, and as soon as it was over they started coming back up on thier own. One of those females even had a false pregnancy and her boobs came back up after the fact. Sometimes, a lot of exercise will help out in this situation.