+ Reply to Thread

Default my pit just got her period!!!!!

hey guys watz up my dog just turned seven months like 2 weeks ago and today when i got home i see poop on one side and blood across the room (i think she got her period) now my question is will she be bleeding like humans do all the time and if so wat can i do to keep her from bleeding inside my house cuz blood and carpet does not mix lol

Default Re: my pit just got her period!!!!!

She will be bleeding for a while, you can either buy or rig a doggie diaper. Take it off when she goes outside of course.

The average heat cycle for a dog is approximately 3 weeks and since this an an average, some heats are shorter (as little as 7-10 days), others are longer (4 weeks or more). Keep her away from ALL MALE DOGS. YOu can go to petco/petsmart and buy a "doggie diaper". Or you can go to the store and buy some baby diapers and cut a hole for the tail and use that. Take it off her when you let her out to use the bathroom..but make sure you supervise her at all times when oustside. Male dogs will come for miles just from the smell of her.

Are you getting her fixed when she goes off heat?