PDA

View Full Version : Typical traits of Sorrel-dogs...

LittleBoy
07-05-2011, 11:10 AM
What are typical traits the Sorrel-dogs are known for?
Do they produce intelligent dogs, or dogs with a hard mouth?

Is it concidered a good, consistent line of dogs? As I understand Tatonka Kennels has a lot of the blood running...

Could use some insight on these dogs, hoping this board could help me out with that. Launch all the information you have at me.. I'll read it all if necessary.

LittleBoy
07-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Well first it's spelled sorrells.
Yes, my bad. Forgive the mistake on my behalf.

LittleBoy
07-05-2011, 12:00 PM
I think they are bred to tightly I've been breeding mine with a jeep/Eli out.
To add some mouth I suppose than?

Thank you very much for the information so far!

LittleBoy
07-05-2011, 12:04 PM
http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=370875
This is one of my males.
Very nice, heavy Sorrels with a touch of Eli! I like!

Quite the looker too! :)

Tiger12490
07-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Not an expert but there best crossed out and i think it is for the lack of mouth I always wondered how they would fair with some chinaman

Tiger12490
07-05-2011, 01:06 PM
you way more knowledgeable than i crimson so do you think the cross wouldn't work or just the fact as it hasn't been seen? Because chinaman definitely aren't lacking in the mouth department... just a stray thought

LittleBoy
07-05-2011, 01:10 PM
you way more knowledgeable than i crimson so do you think the cross wouldn't work or just the fact as it hasn't been seen? Because chinaman definitely aren't lacking in the mouth department... just a stray thought
I would make sense... Chinaman is a pretty hard Carver/Eli cross, no?

FrankDublin
07-05-2011, 02:33 PM
it would be nice to have some sorrells blood but

is there any true sorrells dogs out there without the tatonka name onit

just asking

LittleBoy
07-05-2011, 04:13 PM
it would be nice to have some sorrells blood but

is there any true sorrells dogs out there without the tatonka name onit

just asking
Tatonka runs on a large part of Bert Sorrels stock. As I think Tatonka kennel is run by his ex-wife (correct me if I'm wrong).

This kennel seems to run it without the Tatonka name on it. Don't know any other kennels, but would love to hear some from other board members.

http://txapbt.com/

FrankDublin
07-05-2011, 05:00 PM
nice dogs c-ghost

LittleBoy
07-05-2011, 05:06 PM
I didn't see a single B. Sorrells dog on that site. Only some R. Sorrells blood. Yes there is Sorrells blood around without tatonka in it. Actually that's why i used toxicity in that second ped I put up cause it only has tatonka in it once.
Oh crap, it's getting too late for me... copied wrong URL.
http://www.freewebs.com/joelcombs/index.htm

I'f I'm not mistaken again, this small kennel should have one or two dogs with bottomside B. Sorrels (no tatonka). Not pure I'm afraid.

And I now figured out why I bumped on that website I gave earlier.
http://txapbt.com/index.php?option=com_pedigrees&view=five&id=1000011

ATEXAN posted this in a topic about Sorrels-dogs before... the website has a pedigree tool, I see now. *epic fail on my behalf*
Maybe you should ask him for the contacts of his friend Frank. :)

LittleBoy
07-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Topic I'm referring to:
http://www.game-dog.com/showthread.php?t=41957

Really, my bad for the error.

Goodnight!

wuzhannin23
07-05-2011, 08:04 PM
If u get them from BS himself they wont have tatonka on it, if u meet the right people maybe you'll get in touch with him someday

Cynthia
07-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Not hard to get in touch with him at all.

FrankDublin
07-05-2011, 11:08 PM
yall say its easy lol

i just havnt meet the right folks

FrankDublin
07-05-2011, 11:12 PM
c-ghost your welcome

LittleBoy
07-06-2011, 05:18 AM
Don't know if it's on this board, it probably is (tons of info here).

Bert Sorrells
Bert Sorrells was inducted by the American Dog Breeders Association (ADBA) into the Dogman Hall of Fame in 1992. He was influential in the formation of the American Dog Breeders Association Conformation and Pedigree Program as it is known today, aiding his close, long-time friend, Ralph Greenwood, in the preservation and protection of the American Pitbull Terrier Dog breed. Bert Sorrells was one of the 1st American Dog Breeders Association judges, and has been judging American Pitbull Terriers around the world ever since. His extensive research and study, along with his hard work, sacrifices, perseverance and dedication to the breed have made him one of the most highly respected authorities of the American Pitbull Terrier of all time. Bert Sorrells hard earned, dug out of the dirt experience and in-depth knowledge have resulted in a family of champion American Pitbull Terriers that have helped to shape the breed throughout the world.

Bert Sorrells came from a family of pioneers. His grandfather moved west in a covered wagon with four pitbulls attached to the corners. His interest and love for the American Pitbull Terrier began at an early age. As Bert Sorrells grew, so did his interest in these noble pitbull dogs. Bert Sorrells has gained much of his knowledge from the pitbull dogs he acquired, from both his and others' successes, and from the "Old Timers". He learned the most from digging it our of the dirt of 45 years of experience in breeding and raising the American Pitbull Terrier. For more about Bert Sorrells and the Sorrells American Pitbull Terriers, please visit our About Us Page.

Of the “Old Timers,” Bert deeply respected and befriended Earl Tudor, whose dog “Tudor*s Goldie,” a proven Champion pitbull producer of old, is the foundation of Sorrells Champion Pitbull Terriers. The Sorrells family of Pitbull Terriers achieved respect and Championships amongst Bert*s peers. Among those peers are well respected great dogmen such as Earl Tudor, Ralph Greenwood, whom he also considered a close and respected friend, Bert Clouse, Floyd Boudreaux, Howard Heinzl, Colby, Clyde Mason, Joe Corvino, Al Brown and Maurice Carver to name a few. Throughout his life, Bert Sorrells never met a man that he didn*t learn something from, good or bad.

--------------------------

Jonie winchester BIO

I HAVE BEEN VERY fortunate in my life. When I was about 18 years old, I owned a number of large breeds and did a fair bit of A.K.C. and Rare Breed showing. I laid my eyes on my first American Pit Bull Terrier when I was picking up a Mastiff. The little dog was Shivar's Toddy, a bad to the bone son of Cotton's Bullet. I had to have one, then two then I bought the entire yard. I ate drank and slept dogs. The phone bill was ungodly. I spoke with all the greats, Maurice Carver, Ralph Greenwood, Howard Heinzl, Andrew Giroux, Jack Boellaard, Don Maloney and Irish Jerry to name a few, and most of them really did their best to help me.
I went through a lot of dogs to get what I wanted, a good honest dog. I hung around with a lot of good men in the North East. Red Rhode, Jack Kelly, Albert Landry, Indian Eddy, Joe Goffert, John Kicak, Captain America and formed friendships that I will never forget.

Renee and Ralph Greenwood helped me the most and treated me as if I were their daughter. They decided that it was time for the A.D.B.A. to sponsor dog shows. The breed badly needed help. Since I had experience with conformation they sanctioned me as one of the first A.D.B.A. judges. It was quite an honor. I married Bert Sorrells in the 80's and took over the daily care and management of the dogs. The 12 years I spent with that group of dogs, compounded with the years with A.P.B.T's of other strains has taught me a lot. I am one of the few that really knows how their dogs are bred. Life goes on and as I said, I am lucky. I met my husband, Marcel Winchester, when I was judging a show in New Zealand. We have started a new life together, with our son, Jon-Marcel.

The dogs are ALL bred from those good dogs I had for 12 years. They are Sorrells dogs, dogs that I know forwards and backwards. I know the dog's brothers and sisters, cousins, aunts and uncles.
I have scores of people to thank for my successes. Those that have stood with me through thick and thin, thank you all. The A.D.B.A. has played a special part in my life. Without the dogs and the Greenwoods, my life may not have been so lucky.