PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Jeep/Redboy vs Redboy/Jocko

GT99
08-27-2004, 09:32 AM
I hear alot about the Jeep/Redboy and Jocko/redboy crosses, everyone has their own opinion but give me yours and try to explain what you like and why. Whats so popular about Jeep/redboy, I hear it is because Redboy are extremely game but lacked mouth, they added Jeep for mouth as well as because jeep tends to throw out a high percentage. Is this true? I know jeep is high on the ROM list but is this because he has been bred to hell compared to other dogs? What is this cross known for style wise? what are their strong traits?

Some people prefer the Jocko/redboy, why is that? What are these dogs known for that jeep/redboy isnt? Of course nothing is for sure and ever dog is different but what is the general views? What are some names of good dogs thrown from both crosses?

Also whats the general opinion on Whites K.A.? I hear alot about Whites Tab, whats the reason for this? and where could I find out more on KA?

Redtail74
08-27-2004, 12:47 PM
The thing I have noticed about most NOT ALL but most Redboy/Jocko dogs are the tend to have some of everything. Meaning the have mouth, wind and wrestling abillity. Same for the Jeep/Redboy dogs but I think of the Jeep/Redboy dogs you see are actully Jeep/Redboy/Jocko mixes. Also from what I have seem these dogs tend to produce themselves pretty good. Again this is all from what I have personaly seen from these breeds. Jeep was not really bred to allot of different females but was bred allot. If you look back he has allot of offspring from the same females mainly Tabby Girl POR, Miss Rage and Dolly. One of the biggest name to come from Redboy/Jocko lines was Mayday but Mayday was a 50% Redboy/Jocko 50% Indian Bolio dog. White's Tab was a Jeep/Redboy dog who seemed to produce fairly well. Here is the ped on K.A. which was a half brother/sister breeding which made him a really tight Redboy/Jeep. http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/pedigrees/printPedigree.php?dog_id=48113

Oh and almost anything with the name Tant's on it is going to be Redboy/Jocko blood.

DEACON ROM
12-29-2004, 10:39 AM
in my opinion redboy jocko run with more mouth than jeepredboy although both are good crosses. now days the 50/50 crosses arent enough the triple crosses are whats winning. now with that being said the redboy/jeep/breeders are adding the jocko and hopeing/ are getting more mouth. others are adding the rascal(eli) for there mouth . both examples are working well with high % of good dogs

hope this helped

O.D.
12-30-2004, 10:54 AM
in my opinion redboy jocko run with more mouth than jeepredboy although both are good crosses. now days the 50/50 crosses arent enough the triple crosses are whats winning. now with that being said the redboy/jeep/breeders are adding the jocko and hopeing/ are getting more mouth. others are adding the rascal(eli) for there mouth . both examples are working well with high % of good dogs
WHILE YOU DO HAVE A POINT, REDBOY/JOCKO IS ALSO BEING OUTCROSSED WITH THE BOLIO STUFF ALOT FOR COMPLETE [] DOGS. PERSONALLY, I FEEL THAT THE BEST ADDITION TO THE JEEP/REDBOY STUFF IS THE ELI BLOOD COMING THROUGH THE RASCAL,NIGERINO, OR PALADIN BLOOD . THE SNOOTY BLOOD ALSO SEEMS TO RAISE THE INTENSITY A NOTCH. JMO

DEACON ROM
12-30-2004, 11:01 AM
WHILE YOU DO HAVE A POINT, REDBOY/JOCKO IS ALSO BEING OUTCROSSED WITH THE BOLIO STUFF ALOT FOR COMPLETE [] DOGS. PERSONALLY, I FEEL THAT THE BEST ADDITION TO THE JEEP/REDBOY STUFF IS THE ELI BLOOD COMING THROUGH THE RASCAL,NIGERINO, OR PALADIN BLOOD . THE SNOOTY BLOOD ALSO SEEMS TO RAISE THE INTENSITY A NOTCH. JMO
oh yea for sure ran with the bolio should produce some well rounded animals at good perctenteges..

about useing the paladin sure kind of late to make abreeding and keep him up close though good blood. if i had my way and a time machine id use art as my source for mouth

but i seem to be likeing the boyles bolio/eli ran to jeep redboy.
good points.

HCK
12-30-2004, 11:04 AM
Here is a cross from 2 dogs that we own. A perfect ex. of what you are talking about O.D. sire is http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=102291 dam is http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=124564

O.D.
12-30-2004, 11:47 AM
Here is a cross from 2 dogs that we own. A perfect ex. of what you are talking about O.D. sire is http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=102291 dam is http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=124564
HCK, I SEE YOUR ARE ON IT LOOKS LIKE GOOD STUFF I LIKE WHERE YOUR SNOOTY IS COMINING DOWN FROM.

H&L WHILE IT'S HARD TO GET GOOD PALADIN STUFF UP CLOSE THERE ARE A FEW SOURCES THAT HAVE THE BLOOD LINEBRED NICE AND TIGHT, AND WORKING WITH IT:D, PARTICULARLY IN THE NC AREA. BUT I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A TIME MACHINE MYSELF. FORGET BREEDING TO ART, I WOULD BUY HIM AS A PUP!

DEACON ROM
12-30-2004, 11:57 AM
lol! lol

:)

shakky socks
12-30-2004, 12:37 PM
I HAVE GOT REDDEVIL "REDBOY" AND CORVINO CROSS AND I HAVE A VERRY GOOD TURNOUT
WITH THE OFFSPRING. I BREAD THE BULLY UNDERBITE INTO MY DOGS BECAUSE I THINK THE
BULLY LOOK IS GREAT !! I have been told "by people on this site" that my dogs are cut with
boxer!!:eek: :mad: :confused: :rolleyes: :o whatever!! what do you guys think of my selective breading of the bully underbite
????????????????????????????
key word angus / STUDANGUS

LadyRampage
12-30-2004, 01:04 PM
I BREAD THE BULLY UNDERBITE INTO MY DOGS
Am I reading this correctly? You actually like an UNDERBITE in your dogs? Why don't you raise English bulldogs if that the look you are going for?

crossfire
12-30-2004, 01:19 PM
I HAVE GOT REDDEVIL "REDBOY" AND CORVINO CROSS AND I HAVE A VERRY GOOD TURNOUT
WITH THE OFFSPRING. I BREAD THE BULLY UNDERBITE INTO MY DOGS BECAUSE I THINK THE
BULLY LOOK IS GREAT !! I have been told "by people on this site" that my dogs are cut with
boxer!!:eek: :mad: :confused: :rolleyes: :o whatever!! what do you guys think of my selective breading of the bully underbite
????????????????????????????
key word angus / STUDANGUS
I have never had a "bully underbite" in any of my pit bulls. occasionally i may get one slightly over/undershot but nothing to drastic. Sounds to me with your "bully underbite" there may be a touch of american bulldog hanging around being they are prone to producing that "bully underbite". I know this because i also have a few american bulldogs and they all have the underbite.

shakky socks
12-30-2004, 01:26 PM
excuse me do you know that the "pit bull" BULLY BREAD is a cross between BULLDOG and terrier so that is the part of there traits and i brought out the best part :mad: :p :mad: :)

shakky socks
12-30-2004, 01:36 PM
I have been breading these dogs for almost 10 years i know there is know amer.bull and plus dna is a dead ringer:) ;) :cool: :D

LadyRampage
12-30-2004, 01:48 PM
I have been breading these dogs for almost 10 years i know there is know amer.bull
Another question...Are you actually saying that you know all there is to know about APBTs simply because you have been breeding them for 10 years? LMAO

It takes more than breeding for 10 years to know these dogs.. Hell I seem to learn something new everyday, I know I won't ever know all there is too know..

An underbite is an undesirable trait. Experienced breeders and those that are trying to IMPROVE the breed specifically breed NOT have under or over bites.

Exactly what makes this trait so desirable to you besides LOOKS? Does it have a function that I'm missing?

O.D.
12-30-2004, 02:42 PM
RED DEVIL AND REDBOY COME FROM SIMILIAR ROOTS AND HAVE BEEN CROSSING WELL WAY BEYOND YOUR 10 YEAR TENURE.:p AS FOR BULLY UNDERBITE. I DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR POINT IS, AND QUITE HONESTLY NOT INTERESTED IN IT. GOOD LUCK TO YOU IN WHATEVER YOU DO.

Big River Kennels
12-30-2004, 02:50 PM
an underbite is something they look for in conformation. i think it makes the moth harder!!!!!

Big River Kennels
12-30-2004, 02:52 PM
an underbite can also be from tight breeding.

an underbite is something they look for in conformation. i think it makes the moth harder!!!!!

crossfire
12-30-2004, 02:59 PM
in conformation shows they look for the animals to have a scissor bite not an over or under bite. to date i have never seen a pit bull with a bite like any american bulldog. I have seen some that where under shot or over shot in dogs that where very tightly bred but still it is nothing like what american bulldog breeders refer to as bully. and for the record that is a term associated more with AB's and is rarely used with game dogs (at least in my neck of the woods)

Big River Kennels
12-30-2004, 03:01 PM
a well noted dog judge and dogman has stated that is one of the things that they look for in a pit bull IS an underbite
Another question...Are you actually saying that you know all there is to know about APBTs simply because you have been breeding them for 10 years? LMAO

It takes more than breeding for 10 years to know these dogs.. Hell I seem to learn something new everyday, I know I won't ever know all there is too know..

An underbite is an undesirable trait. Experienced breeders and those that are trying to IMPROVE the breed specifically breed NOT have under or over bites.

Exactly what makes this trait so desirable to you besides LOOKS? Does it have a function that I'm missing?

Big River Kennels
12-30-2004, 03:03 PM
well maybe what I am calling an underbite is what you are calling the scissor bite. look at my black and white bitch in the gallery under my username. let me know what you think.

crossfire
12-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Sorry about the BRK my post was more towards the person about the bully bite lol. Good looking dog but you cant see her bite on there. I have been told by judges before that one of my dogs didnt place because she was slightly undershot and in a close class that will be one of the determining factors.
well maybe what I am calling an underbite is what you are calling the scissor bite. look at my black and white bitch in the gallery under my username. let me know what you think.

shakky socks
12-30-2004, 03:31 PM
i have bread these dogs for 10yr and i am shure it is just the traite of the bull dog pluss dna is a great thing!!!!!

LadyRampage
12-30-2004, 03:40 PM
i have bread these dogs for 10yr and i am shure it is just the traite of the bull dog pluss dna is a great thing!!!!!
Actually it is a trait of the bulldog, an English Bulldog or American Bulldog, that is..

An underbite in ADBA and AADR confirmation shows is not a desirable trait. The judge is looking for a scissor bite like crossfire said. When the class is close the bite is usually the deciding factor and the dog with an underbite will be looked over before one with a scissor bite. The canine teeth should fit tightly together in a scissor form. With and undershot bite the canines will be slightly slated or make a space between the canines when the mouth is closed.

Just lost a Best Puppy trophy due to the other dog having the canines tighter together than our dog. Other than that the 2 dogs were neck in neck in points, and the judge took alot of time before handing that trophy to the other dog.

shakky socks
12-30-2004, 03:40 PM
you know you are right about the undershot and the judges but I dont know why i just like the undershot, the worse the better,i feel it is unique to my dogs and the slinder, stronghearted ,game ,loving,and loyle is just a mix i like if you dont sorry but we will continue to breed the undershot until the end.

GO PACK!!

WE :) :D :cool: DO

LadyRampage
12-30-2004, 03:43 PM
pluss dna is a great thing!!!!!
And just how is dna a great thing?

LadyRampage
12-30-2004, 03:46 PM
I dont know why i just like the undershot, the worse the better,i feel it is unique to my dogs

That's great.. that's what its all about anyway. You feed your dogs, no one else does.
;)

shakky socks
12-30-2004, 03:46 PM
sorry about that but people around here seem to like it and im not out to breed show dogs just people dogs. and you are right but o'well aslong as people keep buing ill keep breeding them for the people!!!

TO EACH ITS OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LadyRampage
12-30-2004, 03:49 PM
you are right but o'well aslong as people keep buing ill keep breeding them for the people!!!

Ahhh... now it's crystal clear. It's not about bettering the dog, but what makes the most money.:o Priorities, everyone has them.

shakky socks
12-30-2004, 03:52 PM
well see my dogs dident have papers until i did the footwork and i had to have a dna test

before i could get REAL PAPER WORK on my dogs, and $1800.00 later i GOT HER DONE!

:) ;) :cool:

crossfire
12-30-2004, 03:54 PM
see thats were we are different i dont breed show dogs but from my breeding i get show quality animals. guess you are doing alot for the breed since as long as they are buying them you will keep breeding them huh? i have sold very few pups and have given many to friends that i know will do them right and let me have honest feed back on what my breeding program is doing. not oh i love how F'ed up there grill is. I am out to produce honest dogs from honest dogs and thats it. not to line my pocket book because if you have been doing this for 10 years you should know that there is no making money in these dogs and the people that have them for that reason will have a rude awakening.
sorry about that but people around here seem to like it and im not out to breed show dogs just people dogs. and you are right but o'well aslong as people keep buing ill keep breeding them for the people!!!

TO EACH ITS OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LadyRampage
12-30-2004, 03:57 PM
see thats were we are different i dont breed show dogs but from my breeding i get show quality animals. guess you are doing alot for the breed since as long as they are buying them you will keep breeding them huh? i have sold very few pups and have given many to friends that i know will do them right and let me have honest feed back on what my breeding program is doing. not oh i love how F'ed up there grill is. I am out to produce honest dogs from honest dogs and thats it. not to line my pocket book because if you have been doing this for 10 years you should know that there is no making money in these dogs and the people that have them for that reason will have a rude awakening.
AHMEN!! I agree 100%.

shakky socks
12-30-2004, 04:13 PM
WELL AINT WE JUST A SAINT!!!!
you know i dont know about you but
dog food dont grow on trees or shots or all of the other stuff it takes to raise a GOOD dog and while you are clowning i give all my
extra money i make off my pups
to save a pitbull kennels. I have 4
dogs and god knows how many of my friends have 2 or 3 and thats
what makes up wolf pack kennels!
HEALTHY,GOODLOOKING,
"PEOPLE DOGS" im in it to make my breed the rolemodles in temperment and if you really knew what it took to take care of 2 or 3
litters at a time you wouldent be talking s#@t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEACON ROM
12-30-2004, 04:14 PM
i second that you just got a point rep point thats :)

Jenn
12-30-2004, 04:25 PM
:eek: 2 or 3 litters at a time!

shakky socks
12-30-2004, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE]Another question...Are you actually saying that you know all there is to know about APBTs simply because you have been breeding them for 10 years?
never said i know every thing about bully breeds just mine i learn every day too you are tring to make me look like a bad guy but im not,and what is your function for the siccor bite the only need there mouth for eating or chewing the only way i would worrie about my dogs bite
is if i was showing him or rolling him!:mad: im a pulling type so they get proper exercise and build and like i said TO EACH ITS OWN dont knock my undershot and i wont knock your ugly
terrier face look;) :D ;)

shakky socks
12-30-2004, 04:30 PM
;) well there are 3 studs and we have 5 bitches we really are on high demand here because
PEOPLE know they are good dogs !!! AND THEY LIKE THE UNIQUE LOOK!!!;)

LadyRampage
12-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Well if you can't afford to take care of 2 or 3 litters at the same time you SHOULDN'T be breeding 2 or 3 litters at the same time. If you have to sell pups to feed your dogs then maybe you shouldn't be feeding so many.

All my extra money goes to my dogs. I feed between 15-20, and they are up to date on shots, wormings (including monthly heartworm prevention), and go through about 200-250lbs of Diamond dogfood every 2 weeks...why?...because I want to produce a QUALITY dog, not to sell to some else, but for myself. We have a vet that we use regularly but unless its something major I take care of my dogs at home with great advice from my vet. I breed for what I want, like, and feel is the ultimate APBT, not what will sell. I have a job that pays for my dogs, and I don't rely on selling pups to pay for them, if I did I'd be even more broke then I already am....lol

My dogs are healthy, well cared for, with solid stable TEMPERAMENTS (which BTW is one of the qualities we bred for since all our dogs are around people, and young kids) but I might sell 1 or 2 pups from the one or two breedings I do a YEAR, of course depending on the litter size which we tend to have huge litters of 9 or more around here. There are many people out there that don't even sell that many but they are feeding and caring for their dogs just fine too..

Don't cry about your food bill, or how much it costs to take care of 2 or 3 litters at the same time because you choose to do it. Comes down to if you can't afford them, don't have them.

crossfire
12-30-2004, 04:34 PM
You jackass no need to start getting all mad and tying big and stuff. I had 3 litters with in a month of each other last year and didnt loose a pup and they were all well taken care of. I also have 2 litter due at the end of Jan with in 2-3 days of each other. I didnt say i dont sell any pups i said i have sold very few i may let one or two go from a litter to cover expences but i dont go around makeing dumb ass statement saying how i breed for faults and as long as people are buying them i will keep breeding them. All my dogs are people dogs and so are most everyone elses dogs on this board. I sell collars, harness and other dog equipment ot help the feed bill also so i dont have to sell them. I promise my dogs are well taken care of and i go to every messuare possiable to take the best care of them. I Personally have 20+ dogs and if you have only 4 and have to sell pups to take care off them there is somethign wrong there.

QUOTE=h&l]i second that you just got a point rep point thats :)[/QUOTE]

LadyRampage
12-30-2004, 04:41 PM
like i said TO EACH ITS OWN dont knock my undershot and i wont knock your ugly
terrier face look;) :D ;)
Welll....seems I touched a nerve. I wasn't knocking your undershot dogs, just explaining that it wasn't a desirable trait..

:p my ugly terrier face look on my dogs? LMAO I'll pay to keep my ugly dogs as long as you promise to keep yours away..lol

No need to get allll upset, calm down, breath deep...lol

LadyRampage
12-30-2004, 04:44 PM
See post #13 in this thread... I may have misunderstood "for almost 10 years i know there is know amer.bull " to mean that for almost 10 years you know ALL there is TO know ABOUT amer.bull... Soooo sorry...LOL

shakky socks
12-30-2004, 04:50 PM
for real you guys i never said none of you "DIDENT TAKE CARE OF YOUR DOGS" you said that not me
and i never just said i do it to sell them! I DO IT SO PEOPLE CAN ENJOY THE BULLY BREED JUST LIKE I DO EVEYDAY! you guys just want to argue i just wanted to discuse and i dont care what anybody says im shure we all in the end in it for the same reason
PURE LOVE OF THE BULLY BREEDS!!!!!!!so quit being nasty to me and just look at the lovely dogs i have on this site for all to see:mad: ;) :( :rolleyes: :D got pack i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.game-dog.com/forums/game-dog.com/STUDANGUS

shakky socks
12-30-2004, 04:55 PM
yes you did sorry im verry touchy about my dogs and it seems
like you are tring to say im in it for the $$$ which could not be farther from the truth sorry i called your dogs ugly i realy
dont think there is such a thing:D :) :D :) :D :cool:

LadyRampage
12-30-2004, 05:00 PM
"you guys just want to argue i just wanted to discuse "

Seem to me you are the only one typing bold (which usually means yelling) and I was just asking questions, and last I looked that was how you get a discussion started.

Now surely you could see where I might have gotten the wrong impression with statements like "dog food dont grow on trees or shots or all of the other stuff it takes to raise a GOOD dog and while you are clowning i give all my extra money i make off my pups"
or
"if you really knew what it took to take care of 2 or 3 litters at a time you wouldent be talking s#@t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
and assumed that you were questioning MY abilities on taking care of my dogs.

Didn't mean to upset you, I'm sure you enjoy your dogs just like the rest of us.

LadyRampage
12-30-2004, 05:01 PM
No big deal..;)

shakky socks
12-30-2004, 05:16 PM
i see where you are going with the typing but i was just playing with it but there was a lot of good points in this discussion that maybe we all should take a look at! i just get defensive abaut my dogs as should everybody about there bully breeds because the way they tend "as hard as we may try"to fall into the wrong hands!and the goverment would love to take our dogs away from us bacause they dont like us having anything wit
with spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if we don't defend and love our breed they will take them from us!!!!!!!!!:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( GOT PACK!!

SFK
12-30-2004, 05:34 PM
I'm sorry. I really am but Shaky you are nothing buy a BYB all the way. And you are full of S#$6 about DNA. I don't even think you know how DNA in canines works, if you did you would know it does'nt cost anything like $1800.00! Even if you had all of your dogs tested & their parents. If you are breeding for genetic faults you are hurting this breed you say you love. & what the Hell is this BullyBreed crap!?? This is an APBT Board about Gamedogs son!!! If you want to make yours off these dogs go ahead like you where told earlier you feed em right? But don't be tryin to put the wood to people who know real Dogmen & women who don't only care about that next moneymakin litter but want to look out on a yard of dogs 50 yrs from now!

SFK
12-30-2004, 06:07 PM
Keep learnin what you know from those magazines at Petsmart. They will take you a long way with these dogs. And your still lying about the DNA testing. Are your dogs registered?

shakky socks
12-30-2004, 07:22 PM
whatever dude you are just the gurue your right they are muts . just tring to lie to you couse i dont have anything else to do:rolleyes: ;) you know everything from your comp.you are the same guy who was on angus NUTS and now that sombody has somthing better than you will ever have you got to knock them down get a life and just shut up if you dont have any thing nice
or educational to say you won't put your foot in your mouth so much! lol and for your info
that mag is publised buy 100s of VETS not knowbodys like you!so you just go get that mag
and learn somthing so you sound at least like you are half way informed about the BULLY BREEDs! now go play with your toys and quit being an idiot:p :p :p :D

Marty
12-30-2004, 07:38 PM
Calm down guys are this thread will be "CLOSED"

SFK
12-30-2004, 08:03 PM
I make no claims on being a "guru" not in the least. Their are people who have forgotten more than I'll ever know about these dogs. Like you said I take these dogs very seriously. But I'll tell you once, don't Talk #$%@ about my family or you just might have to prove yours. For your info I've read that magazine. It does'nt tell you anything any of the other breed books out there have'nt already discussed. As far as trying to call me out for being on the comp. I promise you I have cleaned up after more bulldogs than you've seen. & if I'm so far off-base with my comments why has'nt anyone else jumped my tail? BTW your still backpedaling about your DNA testing. Where did you have it done?

shakky socks
12-30-2004, 08:20 PM
georgetown animal hospis doc meriedith thank you and if you want i can get the charts for you tomarow when i have time to mess with your peddy coments and belive me i dont have to pruve mine! so whet ever :cool: :) :cool: i tried to be nice and say sorry after i posted that last one but you cant leave well enough alone so ill be the better "pack" and brush my sholders off from you and right now i need to
go watch one of my bitches have pups kinda early ooo but you probly dont care
so watch that one and i am done