PDA

View Full Version : Undershot jaw

StopAnimalAbuse
07-08-2004, 04:50 PM
My pitt has an undershot jaw, will that be a problem with her in the future?? She is 5mos old so she does not seem to have a problem now. But in the future will she?

CRG
07-08-2004, 04:54 PM
do you mean an underbite. if it's not really bad it should not cause any problems

StopAnimalAbuse
07-08-2004, 05:13 PM
I do not think it is that bad. The vet noticed it and she said unless she is going to a beauty contest she should be okay. LOL I am glad she should not have a problem with that. Her tongue sticks out a bit when she sleeps ---- I love it, it's funny. I should have said underbite. Thanks for your reply.

blackbeard
07-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Usually it gets better with age, but that depends on the severity of the problem. As far as affecting her in the future, ´´Well that all depends on your intentions´´.
My pitt has an undershot jaw, will that be a problem with her in the future?? She is 5mos old so she does not seem to have a problem now. But in the future will she?

StopAnimalAbuse
07-09-2004, 07:52 AM
My intentions are to keep on loving her LOL -- I adopted her from the shelter, she was abused by a drunk guy that liked to kick her around. My only intentions are to love her and be her Mommy - I am glad that it will get better as she gets older. I just did not want to think she might have problems chewing (dog food) when she gets older. I am very much against dog fighting and abuse of animals, I
have no intentions of breeding her either. When she is about 1yr I will get her spayed. Too many animals need homes, I don't believe in exacerbating the problem. Thanks for your reply too.. ( I would put a smiley face here but I do not know how)